Thursday, August 31, 2006

Queen stitches


I got held up by an entire row of queen stitches yesterday. :-) I expected to be a little further along with Violets than I am. I love the way they look, but they are a slow stitch to get in. And two rows above the queen stitches as a row of mosaic stitches. Oy-vay! Almost finished with those - I'll finish this up on the train ride home tonight. It will be three down and one to go. And only 15 years after I purchased the charts!

I received my Blackbird Designs I ordered from Drema last night. I really like Garden of Life. But I did make a mistake in ordering my fibers. I only have one skein of GA Chamomile. I'll pop into my sewing bag all my variegated floss. I'm sure I have an ok substitution. I'll plan on making the zigzag border the different color.

As predicted I also received my floss for Marquior ABC - the blue and red I picked out are perfect! I'm so pleased and I can't wait to start this monthly project.

I have a ton of work to do today before I leave for vacation tomorrow. I do plan on bringing my laptop with me - I hope to get some nice pictures of the beach and the wild horses that live in the area. But in case I'm just to busy taking it easy and laying on the beach, have a great Labor Day weekend and I'll see you in a week!

5 comments:

Leah said...

I hope you have a great vacation!!

old lady said...

Enjoy your vacation - wild horses sound lovely!

Karoline said...

Have a lovely holiday. Congratulations on finishing Autumn Arbor and Violets is looking great.

Tia said...

Wow, this is really nice! I enjoyed your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Violets is coming along great Margie! You inspired me to start Bilberry - I did the first 2 rows last night, before tiredness took over.

Enjoy your vacation!