I managed to dye my linen for Marquoir ABC - and it turned out just like I hoped! Not because of my great dying skill but of sheer luck. Even my experiments turned out ok. I have a great piece of linen for a Halloween pumpkin. Trix or Treat from Blackbird Designs has a perfect jack-o-latern for me to use that will look perfect with my orangy linen. A closer look:
An even closer look:
My pumpkin fabric:
Of course I found time for a little stitching! Here is my progress on Block 12 - I really wish I would have started off using two threads of silk - but it's too late now. :-( The background is going quickly especially since I don't have to reference the chart at all. So it's just stitch, stitch, stitch! I can feel the end of this block in sight. Maybe next week sometime I'll be done with the black and ready for the backstitching. The tree needs it and there are little plants by the tombstones.
And my Autumn Arbor from The Drawn Thread - this design is a lot of fun to work on. I look forward to doing the other three.
I'll be going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for a week starting September 1st - I'm already thinking about which projects to bring. Its a beach vacation so I'll have plenty of time to stitch. The Village for sure and maybe Winter Arbor and a couple of Halloween designs from Trix or Treat. And it would be nice to finally get my Shepherd's Bush flower folios finished. I still have two to complete - the pink one and the purple one (violets maybe).