Tuesday, August 29, 2006

busy before vacation

Here are photos from my finishes over the past weekend.

Block 12 Village of Hawk Run Hollow (you can see what I started on last night - about two hours worth of block 11) using the recommended NPI silks on 32 count Sand Dune.

Autumn Arbor - from the Drawn Thread using recommended threads and 23 count linen.

Here is my progress on the Violet Flower Folio from Shepherd's Bush. This is going super quick - almost half way done! :-) Not so much because I'm super fast - but because the flower row is about a third of the total piece.

Since the end of the month is rapidly approaching, I worked on my September goals today. I messed up with my August goals because I only listed what I was working on at the time. Because of my long commute, I can finish a small piece in a week, week and a half. So my goals list was always just what I was working on and nothing really to reach for (except for VoHRH - I missed my goal of two blocks). So for September, I made it a push to complete all that I would like to. My vacation will help me out for sure. I'm sure I'll stitch around six hours at day. Actually that's not much more than I do now a day. But I should finish two to three smaller pieces for sure. I still have not decided if I should drag along the Village. I'm thinking not. It's just way to big and I want all my supplies to fit into one smallish tote bag.

I'm super busy at work - I put a bunch of stuff off last week so I'd have stuff to do this week and now I'm buried. :-( I hate it when I do that.

Tonight is agility and I didn't work with Molly much at all the past week - partly because I was so tired all last week after work and once I sat down that was all I did the rest of the evening and also because it was raining so many evenings last week. And most of the weekend. So I'm not expecting much from her or me tonight. As long as we have fun it's ok.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn Arbor looks gorgeous and your block 12 of VoHRH looks great too!

Nice progress on Violets - I really must dig out Bilberry and get the set finished up soon!

Anonymous said...

Autumn Arbor looks gorgeous and your block 12 of VoHRH looks great too!

Nice progress on Violets - I really must dig out Bilberry and get the set finished up soon!

Cathy B said...

Autumn Arbor is beautiful. Enjoy your vacation!

Jeanne said...

Love your VoHRH and Autumn Arbor has always been a favorite of mine. I have a few of the Arbor patterns but haven't stitched them yet. Are you planning on framing them all individually? The thought of having to pay to get 4 more pieces framed has sort of made me avoid them but they are just so lovely.