Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Really pleased with my progress

I'm so happy with the way Garland Fair is looking - it's great when it all clicks.

I think I'll continue to work on it on my train rides until it's finished. I did receive all the NPI silks I ordered for blocks one and twelve of Village of Hawk Run Hollow. But that piece is so huge I don't think I'll want to lug it around. Since I'm stitching in 32 count, I had to purchase a huge piece of linen. And I've never worked on such a big piece before so I think I'll do it at home at night. At least until I get the hang of working on such a large piece.

Do I ever like the NPI silks - I played with them for some time last night. The feel of them is incredible. I can't believe I've lived so long without them! LOL!

Last night was agility and Molly was terrible. She wouldn't do the course at all off leash and everytime I tried, she ran away, wanting to play. My teacher told the class last night that she will be on vacation next week so we won't have class next Tuesday. We also won't have class on September 5th because of the Labor Day holidays so that only four classes before the trial on September 13th. Teacher also told me to expect Molly's performance at the trial to be similar to her performance last night. :-( Since it's her first trial and it's outside there will be way to many distractions to expect anything from her. I'm a little bummed - I would have liked to at least complete the course but I really don't think there is much chance of that. It's against the agility rules in AKC to touch the dog in any way. So if she stops dead on the course and I can't get her to move again with just my voice (we can't have treats or toys either), we are done and we will need to excuse ourselves. And right now, the only way I can get her to do anything is hold onto her tab leash. I'm really bummed. I think I already said that.

1 comment:

Cathy B said...

Wow Margie! I go away for a few days and when I come back you've got another Blackbird almost finished! It looks great!