Monday, August 07, 2006

A nice weekend but not a lot of stitching done

I barely stitched at all Saturday and Sunday. And so much for my boast on Friday that I'd be done with block twelve of the Village by Sunday evening! I worked on it for oh, maybe five hours or so and barely made it out of the bottom right corner. And I think I picked the most stitch heavy block of the twelve to start on. Every available cross will be filled in because it's the graveyard block with the black background. So no matter what it will take the longest of any of the blocks.

On Friday I ordered the silks I would need for blocks ten and eleven. That's good so I won't have any down time if I don't want it. I'm also only going to work on this in the evenings and on weekends. I'm having trouble holding this piece because I have so much material to work with. Since I'm doing it on 32 count Lakeside Linen, I had to buy a half yard piece. I know I can trim some off on the top and left side, but I decided to wait until I get finished with block ten to make sure I don't cut it too short. Then I'll take off some of the extra left linen. Maybe if I have a larger q-snap. I'm using the five inch one (it's the only one I have). I'll go buy the 8 inch one when I have a chance.

For my train rides, I started Sunflower Charms by Blackbird Designs. It should finish up fairly fast.


On Saturday I did a little lawn work and Sunday I went the the Bristol Renaissance Fair in Bristol Wisconsin http://www.renfair.com/Bristol/index.php with some friends. I had a blast. But I do want to know what do wire mesh bikinis have to do with the Renaissance. Or Viking costumes? It kinda bothers me that Renaissance Fairs have turned into a huge fantasy party. Well at least everyone seems to have a good time.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Definately buy the 8" I think I use it more than any other q-snap and I have all the sizes and extenders!

Anonymous said...

Love your start on VoHRH Margie. I got my fabric and chart and started last Saturday with block 2 (I wanted to start in the middle, as I'm working in hand) and I've barely scratched the surface so far. It's a fun piece though and I'm sure I'll get there in the end!

Margie said...

Thanks Terri - I'll try the 8" size.

Karen, I can't wait to watch your progress!

Peg said...

Looking good. I am waiting on my chart and fabric for Village, haven't finished HOHRH yet though. You are my inspiration here Margie with your completions it kicked me into gear! :)

Cathy B said...

At the rate your needles go, you'll be finished with VoHRH in no time! LOL

I'm anxious to see your progress on Sunflower - I have this one too but havn't started it yet.