Monday, September 29, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
I stitched up All in a Moon yesterday - super, super quick! My sister's birthday is next month and I'm planning on giving this to her. I'll buy a small wood frame and add a few embellishments to it and paint it black. It was so quick, I might even make one for me!
Jill received the Prairie Schooler Exchange from the Hooked on Exchanging blog yesterday so I can share a photo. The design is stitched from "A Farmer's Almanac", #144, on 32ct. Silkweavers Poltergeist using DMC floss. I finished it as a pin/needle cushion and it's filled with 100% emery. I'm very happy with how it turned out and I think I might make a similar style one for me.
Here is my new start - Quaker Casket by Sampler Cove. I'm stitching mine on 36 count Lakeside Linens Maple Syrup using a Vikki Clayton variegated silk called Magpie Warbles. I'm a little worried it's too light of a floss. I wanted a delicate look but this might be a little too delicate.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I was planing on starting my big Quaker Casket project but I picked up a cute little piece last week when I was at my LNS called All in a Moon by Miss Crescent's Crowne. It's a Halloween piece so the time seems right for it. I also want to work on the Papillion Creations Mystery. The latest part is very small so it will only take a couple of hours or so.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Here is my progress on the Loose Feathers Mystery. It's moving along nicely. I also found time to complete (ok almost!) my HoE Prairie Schooler exchange. I have to make a quick trip to Joanne's and get one last thing for it but it will go out in the mail tomorrow. I'm very happy on how it turned out and as soon as it has been received, I'll post a photo of it.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Here is a close up of part two. I'm using the recommended over dyed-floss on 32 count Silkweavers Heritage.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
But I did have plenty of time to stitch! So I finished part one of the Loose Feathers Mystery. I really like how it's turning out. I made a bit of a start on part two so we'll see how much I get in today. Because of the rain, it's a perfect day to stay indoors and stitch and watch the Lord of the Rings movies. :-)
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Here is my new start, the Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Mystery Sampler. I'm planning on completing all three parts currently available before moving onto my Quaker project. They are all very small and I need the break of working on mono designs before I start another huge one. I'm doing my Mystery Sampler on one piece of linen rather than the six separate sections as recommended. It's going to be huge and very cute when finished. :-)
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
For floss I ordered 100 yards (two spools) of Magpie Warbles from Hand-dyed Fibers.