Friday, August 04, 2006

All done with Garland Fair! Happy Dance!



I finished Garland Fair last night - it's all I did yesterday while I waited for my car to be finished. I really love this pattern and I'm as happy with this as anything else I've completed all year. It was worked on R&R 30 count Cordy's Special Blend using one skein of Caron Waterlilies Graphite - 1 thread over two. I will load a better photo on Monday - I have dial up at home so I can't load a photo with a lot of detail.
So what's next? I'm going to start on my Village of Hawk Run Hollow - month twelve. I'm ready to go with Sunflower Charms from Blackbird Designs. I've also got a couple of small one color designs (Heart and Hand from Hands to Work and Quaker Tree from The Workbasket - both freebies) that I want to do before I move onto anything else. I want to experiment with a color for my Ink Circles design so I figure a small one color will accomplish that - and I'll have something to show for an experiment.
I've also have all four Arbors from The Drawn Thread - I just need the linen for those.
But I don't have to decide until probably Sunday - when I expect to finish my first block from Village. I've already decided that I'm only going to work on that piece at home - it's just to big to drag around.

8 comments:

Leah said...

It turned out beautifully! Nice work!!

Terri said...

wow! Your needles must be smoking! Congratulations on another wonderful finish!

Jeanne said...

Wow Margie - this looks great!! I never thought this pattern was one of my favorite BBD's but now that I see yours I'm am really liking it. When I look at yours it looks like it's done in purple tones - is that the monitor or the real colors? Your note says you used graphite threads which sounds like grays. Just wondering. Congrats on your finish!

Cathy B said...

Congratulations on your latest finish. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Margie said...

Jeanne, the graphite skein was purples and teals. I love it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish - I love the thread colour you used!

Peg said...

I love the colors on this! I have been searching for something other than Maple Syrup to use and I decided today to us this same color. Hope mine turns out as beautifully as yours did. Nice job Margie

old lady said...

Congrats on the finish - lovely job!