Thursday, August 03, 2006

a bad M



I almost finished the center portion of Garland Fair last night but the "M" looked terrible - so out it came! I positioned it too high in the oval provided and it looked out of balance. And it really is too big for the area provided. I'm going to shorten it by a row or two and start it a little lower than Alma started her "A". Then it should be ok.

I'm at home today because my car is in the shop. I should have lots of time to stitch today. I received my package of NPI silks from SBB. It was one short! It will be shipped later. So that make my decision on whether to start block one or block twelve first. I have all the colors I need for twelve so that will be my starting point. I'll order the threads for nine or eleven today from Drema. That way maybe they will be here when I'm ready to move onto the next block.

2 comments:

Concetta said...

oh my gosh, I just about fell over scrolling down looking at all your recent framing! They're gorgeous! Congratulations! The colours in Spring Blessings are lovely - I have the chart, but none of the materials for it yet. I also love the colour you're using for Garland Fair. I have this kitted with the GAST Maple Syrup, which will be nice I'm sure, but it's such a treat to see someone doing something different. Go you!

Margie said...

Thanks Concetta! I'm very happy with the way things have been turning out. I can't wait to see your Garland Fair - it was a really quick stitch.