Friday, August 11, 2006

TGIF!

I'm so glad it's Friday - my work week has just dragged on and on. Last night instead of stitching I went through my stash - for about two hours and I don't have much of a stash! I did get a little stitching in however. But it's so much fun. I'm pretty sure my next project will be a freebie called Heart and Hand from Hands to work. It's a Quaker sampler. It's funny when I got back into cross stitch several months ago, the Quakers just didn't do anything for me. Now I have a ton on my wish list.

The Heart and Hand piece will audition my linen and silk choice for Cirque des Cercles. I'm going with a Silkweaver linen called Golden Harvest and a Caron Waterlilies silk. I can't wait to start it. I will probably finish up Sunflower Charms tonight or tomorrow instead of working on Block 12 of the Village. I want to get it out of the way to start the new project.

Here is Sunflower Charms. I'll be done with the border after today's train ride home.

And making progress on Block 12! I went and bought 11 inch q-snaps and I love them. Sure made working on this BAP easier. My goal for the weekend is to complete two more tombstones and finish the tree and moon. Maybe put the bats in also.

4 comments:

Karoline said...

Nice progress on both of your wips

Allie said...

Beautiful work Margie!!!

Cathy B said...

Margie - you are making great progress on Sunflower Charms!

Margie said...

Karen, I thought it much easier to use the 11" q-snaps then the 8". Hopefully you will find what works best for you! :-)