Wednesday, October 18, 2006

No mail yet

I did have more extra time then I thought I would yesterday so I was able to work on both Winter Arbor and my Village of Hawk Run Hollow. I decided to work on a WIP (Winter Arbor) rather than start Quaker Meetinghouse and thereby creating yet another WIP. :-) Pretty clever huh? LOL! My new Quakers did not come in the mail and at this point I hope they don't until I've finished up Winter Arbor. I don't think I will have the self control necessary to put it aside for even a couple of days and the thought of even a small stack of WIPs is not fun to me. I have a past history of being more of a starter than a finisher and I do fight that tendency. It even drives me crazy to have large pieces like the Village and Marquior sitting around. I think I just need to relax a little more....

I received my Caron Cooper thread yesterday for my Quaker Reindeer from the 2006 JCS ornament issue. When I opened it I thought it looked a little funny. And then I realized that I purchased wildflowers and not waterlilies! The wildflower thread is a single stranded cotton - pretty thick and the waterlilies is of course a silk multi-stranded. The two can't be interchanged in a cross stitch application. So I need to order the Cooper again. Bummer, I wanted to start that ornament next.

Molly did great in agility last night - for the first run! She did the entire course off leash and she only ran off once and came back to me right away. I won't talk about her other two runs - the bad Molly was back... LOL!

No comments: