Monday, October 16, 2006

Finished! :-)

I finished Flea Market Souvenir by Blackbird Designs yesterday morning. I'm not really happy with the way I joined section two to section three so I think I'll redo the embroidery stitches I selected. I used three different types of chain stitches but instead of looking like three different stitches, they just look jumbled. I used the recommended fibers with three different colors or R&R 30 count linen. I don't remember what they are, I just used left over pieces from my last few BBD designs. A warning if you want to do this piece - the count on the outside border is short on both section two (the house) and section three (the larger urn). You should add at least one flax and one blue to each section in order to have enough room to add your embroidery stitches. Otherwise you will run into the cross stitching on each side. I only added to section three but should have to the other one also. You can count on the photo on the chart and use that.

I also worked on my first Christmas ornament from the Just Cross Stitch 2006 magazine. I started with Winter's Eve from Country Cottage Needleworks. I had all the recommended colors in my stash! How about that? :-) I forgot to take a picture last night but I will tonight after I finish. Just a few more stitches to put in and I'll be done with my first ornament of the year.

Last night I decided I would start working on Quaker Meetinghouse for my train rides this week. I put everything in my tote bag last night and this morning when I opened the bag on the train to start working I realized I forgot to put in a needle! What a dummy I am. :-) So no start today.

This morning Part Two of Marquior ABC was made available. I downloaded it first thing this morning. This part looks like it will go super fast. And all blue for me!

No comments: