Monday, November 20, 2006

A Disappointing show

For the first weekend in months and months, I didn't put needle to linen. Not one single stitch. It just turned out to be a busier weekend than I thought it would be. And I didn't feel any pressure to do anything because starting on Wednesday, I'm on vacation for a week. Plenty of time to stitch then.


Here are the finished I needed to take photos of and post. First Friday's finish, Cardinal by La-D-Da using whatever fibers I had around, mostly Weeks Dye Works and the recommended linen.

Second, Pear Tree by Little House Needleworks using the recommended threads and linen.

Part 2 of Marquior ABC. I love how this one is turning out. It's going to be huge!



For my train project this week, I started work on the My Treasure Workstation Project I'm doing with the Legacy Board by Judy Odell. I'm way behind with this as people in the group are already finished with the top panel But it's coming together super quick. Saturday night (one of the reasons I didn't find time to stitch) I went through all my fibers and linen to find materials for this piece. My goal was not to purchase a single thing for it. And I was able to do just that! I'm using a Waterlilies silk and four Crescent Colours of floss on a piece of 32 count Silkweavers Golden Harvest. I'm happy with how the colors are coming together. You can really personalize the stitching on this as well as the colors. Around the center portion (I will put my initial) you can do all sorts of speciality stitches instead of x-stitches. I'm hoping to do something really cool. Not sure what yet but maybe some stitches I usually use for needlepoint. When this is finished I'll get back to the Quaker Reindeer ornament I started on Friday afternoon.

I received in the mail my new Vikki Clayton silks I ordered last week - I think I might have a couple of strong prospects for my Cirque des Cercles. The lighter colors are just yummy. I also received my Blackstone Fantasy Garden in the mail. It is incredible. The Carrie's Threads that came with it are gorgeous. I'm going to look into purchasing more of her threads. The colors are beautiful. I did purchase a piece of Lambswool for it. I think I will look nice on it. I would like to start this piece sooner than later. But I will see what's what in the coming weeks.

Molly's and my agility trial was this past Sunday and I don't have any thing good to report. :-( Molly blew both start line jumps. This means she ran around the first jump that triggers the timing clock rather than taking the jump thereby starting our run. All I could do at that point was pick her up and ask the judge to excuse us. To say I'm a little disappointed is a huge understatement. We didn't even get a chance to do a single obstacle. After all the hard work we've put in. :-( And for her to do something that she has never messed up on before. I'm so bummed. The only thing that I can think of was this starting jump had little wings on it and she's never seen a jump like that before. I guess we just need to work harder. Our next trial won't be until February so we will have plenty of time.

1 comment:

KarenV said...

Hmmm...your blog isn't showing as updated in my bloglines for some reason. I wonder if it's because you've swapped to Beta - I'll have to check that out.

Your ornaments are both great - I didn't think much of the cardinal when I saw it in the mag but now that I've seen yours I might have to stitch it. Sorry that agility didn't go too well - better luck next time!