Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Petites Lettres Rouges finis and some exchanges

Petites Lettres Rouges design by Blackbird Designs
32 count Silkweaver Cocoa
Vikki Clayton Mermaid Blue 2327

What a quick little stitch this was! And such a pleasure. I managed to send it off to Alma for inclusion into the BBD contest. :-)

I started back with House #4 from HoHRH and I realized that I don't have a chance in hell of finishing it by the 30th as all the windows plus the house needs to be filled in. Oh well, May is a long month. :-) I should be able to finish this month and #5 without any difficulty (if I actually sit down and stitch it that is!).

I also have a couple of exchanges to report on. First is what I sent out to Ellen S in Kentucky for the HoE Valentine's Exchange. I forgot to take a photo and Ellen kindly posted one on the HoE blog. I made her a box with a JBW design on it.

As fate would have it, Ellen had me in the Woodland Exchange that just went out. This is what she sent me.
I was lucky enough to get Edgar as a recipient. I've been on the receiving end of some of his kindness and it was great to give a little back. :-)

I stitch a BBD design called Country Garden and dedicated it to his recently departed dog, Hunny. As usual, I forgot to take a photo before sending it off so I took this from the HoE blog.

15 comments:

Edgar said...

Thank you again for your thoughtfulness and wonderful Pyn Keepe!!!!
edgar

Jan said...

What a wonderful exchange for Edgar. Also pretty, pretty sampler entry too!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Whoa...great exchanges, and some great stitching!

Loraine said...

Just found your blog. Love the birds you put on your sampler. I thought about doing that on mine, but ran out of room!
I'll add you to my blog roll. Nice to meet you.

Leah said...

Your PLR sampler is lovely! You've been involved in some great exchanges!!

Margaret said...

Great exchanges and wonderful BBD freebie finish! That block on HoHRH always takes longer than you think it will! You'll get it done though!

missy said...

Margie, What a wonderful trbute for Hunny that you stitched for Edgar. Truly thoughtful!!

valerie said...

Lovely finish and exchanges. That was very sweet of you to dedicate the pinkeep for Edgar to Hunny. I loved it!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful WIP and exchanges! Gorgeous work. I just love the BBD that you did for Edgar--how nice that you did it in honor of his pup. Those pug tissues crack me up!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What pretty exchanges, Margie! I love the pinkeep you did for Edgar! Your BBD sampler is very pretty! Can't wait to see who wins the drawing!

Deb said...

Great exchanges! The pinkeep you did for Edgar is great! And I love your BBE sampler. Wasn't it fun to be involved in that! And I'm still fawning over your BBD peacock pinkeep!

Theresa said...

Those are some wonderufl exchanges!!!!! And I love how your BBD turned out!!!!

Karoline said...

Your sampler is lovely as are the exchanges. Congratulations

Sharon said...

Beautiful sampler finish! Lovely exchanges!

Carol R said...

A great pinkeep you made for Edgar - I'm sure he appreciated the dedication to Hunny.

Love your Petites Lettres Rouge or should I say Petites Lettres Bleus! The lines of tiny birds are really sweet.