Monday, April 13, 2009

back to the grind

Back to work today and I had to come in on time to boot. It was sure hard getting up at 4:30am when I had been getting up at 6:30. :-) I had a great week off work and I got done some things that weren't even on my list like fixing my koi pond. That was a biggy and it feels great. I did finish my needlecase and my exchange piece which gets mailed on April 24th or so. I also managed to make a start on House #4 but it was not much of one because on Friday I had a great mail day. Everything I had on order with Drema came in. And you can see I didn't waste a second to get back to the Big Zipper! I only have the fence and trellis to complete and I'm finished! Yeah for me. :-) Aren't those two little frogs cute? And how about that Garden Gnome? I didn't notice either one in the big picture because it was so small and all the details were lost.

I did list my complete kits on eBay on Saturday. Here is the URL if you are interested. As said before, I listed them for half off. I'll see if I have any interest. I know I would have jumped on something like that.



I'm planning on putting the year in the top empty space and my initials in the space on the left.

This is where I'm at with my House #4. I've started on the roof of the main house. The plan, as usual, is to work on this every evening until it's finished, hopefully by the 30th.

I also received the latest Loose Feather from BBD. I purchased the custom dyed linen from WDW and it is really going to make the piece. I'm planning on starting that as soon as I finish the BZ. I also purchased the little Loose Feather's charm for the needlebook and it's so cute. The last piece in my package was the latest hen from Twisted Oaks Designs - Penelope Penhen. Drema made a mistake and sent me the silks for this but I'm glad she did, they are very pretty. I have already made the first one Coq Au Pins and the two will look so cute sitting in my craft shelves together.

So goals this week are very straight forward, finish BZ and get a great start on the new Loose Feathers. And get caught up on sleep! LOL!

9 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

That new little pin hen sure is cute! I have "nearly" finished stitching Coq au Pins... That seems to be a running theme for me...nearly finished ;)

Margaret said...

Oh I'm so glad you got your Big Zipper chart! It's just so cute -- I love this one! Nice stash too. Hope going back to work isn't too hard -- it's back to school for my son this week too!

Barb said...

Nice WIP. Your finish is cute too.

Patricia Lessell said...

Every time I see your HOHRH it makes me want to start. I have the silks now from Vikki and I have the chart and the fabric so what's holding me up you ask? Well I have all these commitments to do but I might just use the rest of this week to stitch on HOHRH as I have finished two commitments all but the finishing. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Carmen said...

the BZ look so pretty, the litle forg are so cute.

the new stash look great to.

Deb said...

Your Big Zipper looks great and you're almost done! All your stash sounds great too. I got the latest BD and the fabric too, and I agree with you that it's going to make the piece!

Siobhán said...

Your WIPs look wonderful! Great stash acquisitions! Good luck getting settled back at work & in the usual routine.

Karoline said...

Nice stash, the Big Zipper and HoHRH look lovely

mercy said...

Love your WIPs especially your BC, wanted to know if you wouldn't mind sharing your conversion. I love it so much :-)