Friday, April 03, 2009

My new start

Here is my new start - Gilded Dragonfly Scissor Purse by Just Nan. I'm stitching mine with the Au Ver A Soie as charted with the Gilt Sylke Twist. If you haven't had a chance to check out this new fiber, it's amazing. I tried to take a close up of it (below) but I don't have a good macro setting on my camera. It's very stiff because of the gold wire wrapped around the silk but the finished look is so worth it. It's also pricey but a full spool will go a long way because it's only used as an accent. I know Needle in a Haystack sells it if you want to check it out.

Today is my last day at work! I'm taking a week off and having an at home vacation. I'm pug sitting a couple of pugs so I'll have five at the house for a whole week. I can't wait, it's going to be a blast.

I'd like to complete the stitching and finishing for my dragonfly purse, get a good start on house #4 of HoHRH, finish my Quaker Turtles and a new start of some sort. I think that's a good list for now. :-)

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful, Margie! I can't wait to see more of this one. :D Have a great week off with your pugs and extras.

Suburban Stitcher said...

Oh my goodness...this REALLY makes me want to start mine! Maybe I should and we can work on it this week together :)

Deb said...

I've heard about this fiber but haven't had a chance to use it yet. You've made a great start!!!

Edgar said...

Just a beautiful start - have a good week off!!!

Patricia Lessell said...

It looks great Margie and have a great week off with all 5 pugs. Love Patti xxx

Jan said...

This is so pretty!!! Enjoy your week with the extra pugs, know it will be fun. And get some good stitchey time in as well!

LydiaAndPugs said...

hi there fellow pug lover! Excellent cross stitch. I have done some myself in the past. Your's looks great! Feel free to check out my blog.

Pugs & Kisses from FL, Dawn

MyLifesAStitch said...

Sigh... I have a chronic condition it seems: drooling-every-time-i-check-Margie's-blog-itis. It may pass, but if not, I'll just keep some napkins handy. Love your starts and progress!! Enjoy your week off!

Von said...

Hi Margie! I've just now found that you're following my blog and I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate that. :) Your blog is beautiful, your stitching gorgeous, and I'm really looking forward to becoming a regular visitor!

Sonda said...

I bet that purse will be so lovely when done...I was very tempted to get it, but held off...can't wait to see your finish!