Monday, April 06, 2009

Earth Sampler Finis

Earth Sampler designed by The Primitive Needle
32 count Purely Primitive by Silkweavers one over one
Recommended fibers

I finished up Earth Sampler yesterday. Today I'm going to drive to Hobby Lobby and look for finishing ideas. I'm thinking box or a oversized black frame. If I can't find anything like that that I like, I'm going to finish it as a pin keep. It's less than 4" square. I'm hoping to have it totally complete in the next couple of days.

I love this piece and I want to stitch the Halloween and Christmas sampler. If any one wants to trade Earth Sampler for one of those two charts, let me know.

I also finished the stitching on my Gilded Dragonfly Scissor Purse. I'm all set to start beading today and I should finish that by the end of the day. I'd like to start on the needle bob today also. So I'm on track to get this one totally finished by the end of my vacation.

First day of vacation and the weather sucks. It's snowed last night but not nearly as much as the forecasts were predicting (3 to 5 inches). There is about a 1/2 of an inch of the white stuff and it should be gone by today. But the temps are predicted to be low for the bulk of my time off so I won't be able to do any of the yard work I was hoping to. This is the first year since I've been taking an at home vacation that I didnt' have amazing weather.

I need to work on an exchange piece this week and I'm all set to go with that. And get my start on house #4. I think I do that tonight while I'm watching TV.


The company pugs have settled in very well and we are all having a blast.

That's Aoife on the back of the couch, from the left, Seven (Aoife's sister), Mikey, Molly and Clancy.

Aoife, Clancy and Seven. Seven and Aoife really look alike and when I see them from their backsides outside playing, I can't tell them apart. They are having so much fun. I'm going to tell their Mom that Aoife and I are keeping her. :-)

And finally Mikey, his tougue is too large for his jaw and it always sicks out. :-)

They don't have as many toys at their house as we do at ours. This is what my floor looked like before I went to bed last night. And this is just the area around the toy box. You should see the rest of the house! :-)



12 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

Your Earth Sampler and your dragonfly pocket both look stunning! I am SO anxious for you to finish off that one so I can see how it looks!

Margaret said...

I can't wait to see your finishes on these two pieces -- they're both gorgeous!!! As for your pugs and their friends -- I love the picture with them all together! So cute! And all those toys! lol! What fun!

Edgar said...

What great finishes!! And you must be in Pug-a-licious Heaven!! Such great snaps of the sweet puppies!!!

Sheila said...

Earth Sampler looks wonderful over one and the dragonfly pocket looks great too. But those pugs...they are sooooo cute, especially the one of them all together and all looking at the camera. Love it!

Laura said...

Your Earth Sampler looks great. I just got the fabric this weekend and will start it soon. When you decide how you are going to finish it, please post a pic.

Deb said...

Your Earth Sampler is absolutely fabulous I love how it came out. Can't ever imagine doing those over one on 32 count (eyes can't take it). Can't wait to see how you finish it off.

Patricia Lessell said...

Both your Earth Sampler and Dragonfly Pocket are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see how you decide to finish The Earth Sampler. Patti xxx

Terri said...

Puppies! I'm happy to see someone else has tons of puppy toys to step around :)

Melody said...

Margie, I really like your Earth Sampler. I may have to purchase that chart too.

Glad you are having a good break, and enjoying your pug company.:)

Katrina said...

Love the Earth Sampler over one. Very cute, can't wait to see how you finish it.

Quite a crew, LOL. They are all so cute!

Jeanie said...

WOW ! The scissor purse is gorgeous ! and I like your Earth Sampler too ! Can't wait to see the finishes :)

Alice said...

Ooooh, puggies everywhere!!! The photo of them all sitting on the couch is priceless!! You have a kindergarten there!
Alice