Monday, April 20, 2009

fast weekend

The weekend flew by. I finished up the top of Peacock Pinkeep on Friday evening. The plan had been to work on the side band piece on Saturday and to turn it into the finished product on Sunday. Well I got up on Saturday and it was sunny with a forecasted high of 70 degrees plus. So all stitching plans went out the window. Saturday was also the first day of my new running program with Weight Watchers. They partnered with a fitness coaching company and set up a "run a 5k in nine weeks" program and it's free for WW members. What wonderful timing it turned out to be, I've been wanting to start running again for some time and I even gave it a go once or twice on my treadmill over the past few months, but never could make it stick. My group meets on Saturday mornings at 9:00am at the nicest park about 15 minutes from my house. Perfect! And I've even completed this program eight years ago when I started running back then so I know what to expect. It all cumulates with an optional 5k on June 13th with one of the Skirt Chaser races. Not sure yet if I'm going to do the 5k but it's a nice goal to work toward in any case.

When I got home it was late morning so I grabbed my neighbor to help me trim a way out of control apple tree that is on the edge of both our yards. That literally took the rest of the day and when I was finished I was just too tired to stitch. Tree looks good though! :-)

On Sunday the weather had turned and it was cold and rainy so I decided to drive out to the Quilt Show for inspiration. I was disappointed I didn't find much. Nothing jumped out to me. I really dislike a lot of the current quilt fabric trends and I spent most of my time there looking for things I can use for cross stitching. I did pick up a couple of great scissors and a couple of really cute pincushion patterns but that was all. When I got home most of the day was over and I only had time to start the band of my Peacock Pinkeep. I ended up with a pinkish color that is lighter and has less of a salmon tone to it. I think it will look ok with the other piece.
All for now - have a great week!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Peacock looks great. I love that fabric you are using. I too spent most of my weekend outside. It was just too beautiful to stay indoors. :)

Deb said...

I don't blame you for being outside when the weather is so nice! Your peacock looks great! You're going to have this done in no time! Can't wait to see the finish! It's going to look beautiful!

Margaret said...

Your Loose Feathers looks great!

valerie said...

Weekend went by too fast! Sounds and looks like you were busy. Good for you for taking running back up! Progress on the Peacock looks great!

Patricia Lessell said...

Peacock looks really great and I love your restraint lady. You bought so little - you must be so proud of yourself. I love fabric and have far too much of it. Can't wait to see the Peacock finished. Love Patti xxx

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend~ We had summer like weather here this weekend and it was just too nice to stay indoors~
The Peacock is looking great!!! I like the fabric and the floss colors!!! You really have an eye on choosing colors~

MyLifesAStitch said...

Lookin' good, chica!

Siobhán said...

The Loose Feathers looks great! YGG on the running program, too.

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm curious about what these fabric trends in quilting are that you don't like. I guess I'm not hip to the trends...

Love the peacock!