Thursday, April 16, 2009

My new start

Yesterday I started on the new Loose Feathers - Peacock Pinkeep. It's going to go super fast. I'm using cotton floss rather than the Belle Soie Silk recommended on the chart. I'm trying to save money where I can. :-) I love the linen and I think I'm going to buy a little more for future projects while I can. I'm sure Drema still has some. Last year I've finished a pinkeep in this style. It's super easy and at that time I said I wanted to do one of these for me but never got around to it. So now is my chance. Actually the hardest thing is find wool this time of year. The wool makes up the body of the pinkeep and last year I could not find any because like this year, it was already put away for the year. If I can't find any, I'll use felt like I did for the other one. I'm sure it works the same.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Margie, great start on the Pinkeep. Isn't that fabric just the best? I usually don't order fabric for the Loose Feathers, but did on this one, and like you, would like to get some more! Can't wait to see more of your progress!

Joanie said...

Hi Margie,

Do you think Warm and Natural batting could be substituted for the wool the pattern calls for?

Your progress is great!

Karoline said...

Great start on the pincushion. The Big Zipper is lovely, congratulations

Carmen said...

great progress of pinkeep.

Sandra said...

You'll probably have this all done over the weekend, you're such a quick stitcher and finisher.

Jan said...

Margie, this is going to be gorgeous! Love your fiber choice!