Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My new start

I started Two Hearts from Blackbird Designs yesterday. It was the last Loose Feather. I never got around to doing it because I had to finish the mystery first and then something else came along. :-) But I liked the look of it and I figured now would be a good time. I chatted with Drema yesterday and she gave me all the details on the new Loose Feather. It should be out soon! The small in this one is a pin cushion that rests on top of a wooden stand. I have of course pre-ordered the stand and I can't wait to see it. Why did I call Drema you ask? Well I really needed the chart from CHS called Mrs. Pearson. The one with the lady with the bird on her head! I saw it completed at the International Quilt Show a couple of weeks ago and I could not get it out of my head - I must stitch it. So I ordered all the NPIs for it and the chart. I'll figure out what sort of Silkweavers linen to use when I see the silk in real life.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Great start on your BBD piece. I like the colors in it. And isn't it funny how we see a chart and don't think much about it and then we see it done and we're all over it?

Margaret said...

I love your new start -- so pretty! I love Mrs. Pearson too. It's on my wish list....

Siobhán said...

Great start, Margie! Woo! Thanks for the little tidbit on the new LF, too. I saw a small pic of it over on Alma's blog and know that I HAVE to have it. Being on a stand sounds very intriguing, can't wait to see a pic of it! I'll be eagerly watching your work on Mrs. Pearson when you get to it. I have been waffling about when to get it and start it and I know I'll HAVE to do it as soon as I see your WIP pics.

Melissa said...

Great start! Can't wait to see your next progress picture.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Great start, Margie and I can't wait to see your progress on Mrs. Pearson!

Sandra said...

Mmmm, lovely colours, I adore Blackbird Designs right now.

Michelle said...

Great new start on this Loose Feather. Can't wait for the next one to come out!