Tuesday, April 07, 2009

onto the finishing

I'm all finished stitching the Gilded Dragonfly Scissor Purse so onto the finishing! The lining silk I'm using is the background of the photo. The instructions are very different from what I've done before. The finishing instructions are from Pamela from Pamela's Final Touch and I'm going to give it a whirl. Part of me just wanted to finish it by hand like I'm used to doing but I figured I would give this technique a try. It's mostly done by machine and while that makes for nice sturdy seams, I don't think you end up with as much control. But I'm already committed to following the instructions provided in the kit so I'll make the best of it. Stop by tomorrow of the results! :-)

This is how I finished off my Earth Sampler. I just purchased a nice black frame and popped it in. Simple but I can swap out the other two (Halloween and Christmas) when the season is right with no effort. I guess that means I need to do those over one also! :-) That just occurred to me. :-)

Thanks to all who have been stopping by and making comments! I'm in the process of making sure that I have all your blogs on my list and I'll be returning the favor soon.

19 comments:

Deb said...

Can't to see your finished Scissor Purse. I'll be interested in seeing what you think about the machine finishing compared to hand finishing. And your Earth Sampler looks great in the frame and that's an excellent idea to be able to flip out pieces and display them at different time of the year. Get a lot of mileage out of a frame that way!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful...Excellent...Great Job! I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting tomorrow!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely frame for your Earth Sampler, that is a good idea to be able to pop out and in the other two samplers :)

Patricia Lessell said...

I adore (that's better than love) how you finished Earth Sampler which I really love anyway and even though I thought I was Just Nan'd out I love that scissor case so much that I think I am going to have to add it to my Wish List. It looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it finished. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Carmen said...

the earth sampler look great in that frame.
The dragonfly scissor case,look so beautiful.

Margaret said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your finished Dragonfly purse! and i love what you did with the Earth Sampler as well. What a lovely display!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! I'm looking forward to see your finished pocket too! I've got this pattern in my stash and am seriously thinking about breaking it out after seeing your finish! You found the perfect frame for Earth Sampler too!

Lynn B said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Kristen said...

Wow, the scissor case is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished.

Perfect frame for Earth Sampler. And I love how it sits next to Bella and Scarlett. :)

valerie said...

Wow, Earth Sampler is tiny! It looks great in the frame. Can't wait to see how you finish up the pocket.

Jan said...

Your scissor purse is going to be awesome. I love your little earth sampler, and it's interchangeable frame!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you stitched that so fast. This is such a pretty one, I would love to own something like that. I, however, am never motivated to stitch the smalls. Enjoy.

Julianne said...

Best wishes with your finishing. Your Earth Sampler looks fabulous in the black frame.

Von said...

Since you are a finishing wonder, I know this scissor purse will be absolutely fantastic. I, too, will be interested to hear your opinion on finishing by machine.

Jinger said...

Can't wait to see the scissor case finished. Lovely stitching.

I really like your Earth Sampler. Like the frame you chose for it.

Sandra said...

You don't realise how tiny Earth Sampler is, until you see it against the bee and ladybird. I know you said it was only 4 inches square, but I couldn't quite grasp that!!

Rowyn said...

That is a gorgeous scissor case, and a nice display of your Earth Sampler and Just Nan ornies.

Siobhán said...

Oh my gosh, your scissor case is SO pretty! And Your Earth Sampler is just so pretty and dainty. I love how you framed it. Great job!

Karoline said...

Earth Sampler looks gorgeous in that frame, congratulations.

Looking forward to seeing the finished scissor purse