Thursday, July 27, 2006

a misplaced stitch - bummer


Today on the train I found that I had missed a row on the left hand border. And quickly decided not to rip out the rest of the column which was finished. I'm so not liking how this is turning out. That willow thread is just driving me crazy. I can barely see any green and it makes the avocado color really pop out. And is there anything nice I can say about my buttermilk? It's all one color - a yellow cream - if there is any other color in it, I sure can't see it. I guess I could stop where I'm and buy some different skeins. But then the thread wins! LOL! I guess I'm just stubborn. I'd love to finish this by the end of the weekend. I'd like to move onto something that I'd enjoy more. I did purchase the last thread I needed for Sunflower Charms and I should have that by Saturday so I'll be able to start that as soon as I'm done with MG. And let me tell you, it will be a fight to finish.

I check the Stitching Bits & Bobs website everyday to see if my NPI silks have been shipped yet so I can start Village of Hawk Run Hollow. No luck. And because they haven't shipped today, I won't see them before the weekend. I placed that order on June 30 - it's been almost a month! I love the sale prices I get from them, but you don't know until after you place your order if you are going to receive your items in a timely fashion. If I would have known, I would not have ordered from them. And if I cancel my order, I'll have to pay a restocking fee. I will never buy from them again. At least when I really want my supplies right away. I know they got caught like a lot of other retailers when Village was shipped early, but I think this is a bit much. If I had the money I would just give Drema a call and I know I'd have my silk by Monday. But I can't afford to buy duplicates. I'm so pissed right now I can't stand myself. And I have checked, none of the colors I ordered are needed in multiple skeins. So if I buy more, I'll just have dups.

Edited to add later in the day: I got tired of listening to myself whine about my silk threads and SB&B. So I called Drema and ordered the silks for month 12. There is only one duplicate color and that color required two skeins so I'm not spending any money I don't need to. So next week I'll be starting the Village! The graveyard block. I can't wait. :-)

No comments: