Friday, February 02, 2007

Knots - all tied up!


I worked on my Blackwork Fantasy Garden for four hours last night and between that and my train ride into work this morning, I finished the last knot! Yeah! I'm so glad that part of this piece is finished. I know all I have done is bitch and complain about this piece for at least a month now but I truly do love it. I just wish I had used two threads instead of one. The colors would pop so much more on the looser weave lambswool that I'm using for this piece. So that and the fact that filling in the knots has been boring it's been a long hall. Now I can start the blackwork. Each design is repeated four times in the chart so I'll just pick somewhere to start and do each design before moving on to the next one. By the time I get to the fourth time, I'll be a pro at that design.

No major plans for the weekend except to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday - GO BEARS! And try to stay warm of course. Sunday will be the coldest day with Monday a close second. It's almost worth taking a vacation day just so I don't have to go outside. :-)

I plan on finishing up Bluebird's Message and starting on Part 5 of Marquior ABC. I might try to make Bluebird into pillow on Sunday but it really depends if I feel like driving to the fabric store or not.

And last but certainly not least, I have to give a super big thanks to Jacque. She read my blog and responded to my lack of WDW Brick for Bluebird's Message with the offer of sending me a skein that she no longer needed. I received a package yesterday not only with her gift of brick but with also a ton of beautiful Weeks threads in pinks, reds, creams and purples all in time for Valentine's Day. I didn't have a single one of those colors! Thank you so much Jacque! That was such a kind thing for you do. :-) I've been involved with various online groups over the years but I have never been the recipient of such kindness as I have experienced from my fellow stitchers. You are all the best kind of people.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on getting those knots done! It looks fantastic. Now, for the fun part!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the boring part done ;) I'm looking forward to seeing the blackwork develop.

The DT chart/threads are on the way to you as of this afternoon - should take a week or so to get there :)