Wednesday, January 10, 2007

fall is back


I continue to make progress with Moonlit Garden. I didn't quite get to the house - but I'm knocking at the door! I'll start the roof today on the way home from work. I love the colors on this piece but it feels very odd to be working on such a obvious fall piece when I am in the middle of winter. I really long to do something for spring or Easter - I'm thinking bunnies! So I think my next piece for my "get out the stash" plan will be Spring Arbor from the Drawn Thread. That seems more appropriate to the way I'm feeling.

Last night was agility with Molly after a two week break. She really struggled with the 12 inch jumps. She is starting to hesitate before every jump. My teacher suggested that maybe something is wrong with her physically. I honestly don't think that is the case because she runs around outside with Clancy and in the house and never shows any signs of anything being wrong. But I'm not a vet. So I'll plan on taking her for a check up before the end of the month. A new session starts for her on the 30th of January and it doesn't make much sense to pay for another session if I have to stop running her. That would just break my heart. I love doing agility with her and we put so much time (not to mention $$) into getting to this point where we are ready to compete. But I have to do what is best for her not for me. And there is Clancy after all. But he won't be ready for trials until the fall. It will make me so sad to send my friend and agility partner, Peggy and her pug Molly (yes we both have a Molly) off to spring and summer to trials this year without me.

5 comments:

Karoline said...

Moonlight Garden is looking gorgeous Margie.

I hope that Molly is only being cautious about the jumps

Anonymous said...

Love your progress on Moonlit Garden :) I hope there's nothing wrong with Molly apart from hesitation too.

Carol said...

Oooo, Moonlit Garden looks great! I just got the Broomstick Brown linen for that right before Christmas and have been wanting to get it into my rotation soon - you inspire me!

CindyMae said...

Moonlight Garden is looking just fantastic!!! Keep us updated on Molly, I do hope that she is ok, maybe it is just a mind thing!

Wendy said...

I just started a Blackbird Design piece today - Garden of Life - but I have Moonlit Garden in my stash too. Yours looks wonderful!