Friday, February 19, 2010

Yeah! :-)

Friday! I thought it would never get here. :-) By the time I get home from work tonight I should be ready to start on the bottom of Alphabet Sampler - it's going to take a while because there is a ton of stitching there. I have no chance of finishing it this weekend. :-) Way to many other projects going on.
I'm almost done with my house. The I'll do the vine and then start to put a row of background around the house and the vine. I'm following the advice from the kit maker - she included some nice instructions with the kit. I can't wait to take my drive tomorrow to the rug store. It's located inside a primitive style decorating type store. I just wish I had more money this week. I could go crazy in a place like that. :-) I'm hoping to pick up my second hooking project. :-) I guess this hooking thing is going to become a regular feature in my life. I have so many design ideas that I want to do. And there many that I can draw myself because they are basic quilt squares or penny type rugs with primitive cats and birds and such. I REALLY want to do a prim pug rug.

Also on the list for the week - piece together at least six more blocks from my Paintbox Squares quilt, strip all the darks and mediums for my log cabin quilt and piece a few more baskets for my mini quilt.

And of course hook and stitch. :-)

Enjoy yours!

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Both of your projects are looking good. Please do a prim pug rug. I would love to watch your progress. Yeah!! On finally being Friday. I can't wait to leave this place and I have only been here an hour.

Margaret said...

I love both your projects! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to the rug hooking store! I think a pug rug would be wonderful!

woolwoman said...

AWWWWW - great job Margie - you are doing wonderfully well for a new self taught hooker. I hope you enjoy the trip to the prim/rug hooking shop - I can't wait to hear the report and WOW - a prim pug rug - must do ! It would be darling - Enjoy Mel

Melissa said...

Wow, you are very fast with your projects! I can see lots of progress from one day to the next! Everything is looking great!

Alice said...

The sampler looks nice and you are moving so fast on that rug!

Casa Pearl said...

Excellent progress on both projects! I am looking forward to seeing your hooked piece come along.

Deb said...

Wow, you're making such great progress on both your projects! I hope you have fun on your drive to the store tomorrow and I hope that you come back with the great things. This rug hooking is addictive, isn't it! Can't wait to see what you bring back.

Faye said...

You may have said earlier, but what is the fabric you are doing your ABC sampler on??? It is PERFECT for the sampler I have on the horizon to start.....thanks, Faye
carolinastitcher.blogspot.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

Margie ~
If you figure out a prim pug rug ~ LET ME KNOW!!! I will send you a picture of one from the rug show at Sauder Village. It was fantastic but I would not consider it primitive. I think it was hooked with about a #6 cut to get the detail. That's like hooking with spagetti!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Theresa said...

A prim pug rug sounds like a fabulous idea!!!!!!
Looks like you are going to have a craft filled weekend!!! Have fun!!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Both projects look great, Margie - you're making fantastic progress on both your projects! Have fun on your day trip the store tomorrow - it sounds like fun! Looking forward to seeing your new purchases.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Cross stitch looks great! I love the rug hooking project. Is it easy to learn and have you been hooking long?.. I am wanting ti learn. I do needlepunch but I want to do a rug.. April In Alabama
aprilmechellesdulllife@blogspot.com

MyLifesAStitch said...

Great progress on both projects! Enjoy your trip to the store! I loooove your idea for a pug rug!!!

Stitch By Stitch said...

Love the progress on your projects. I want to add my vote for a pug rug! Too fun!

Sharon said...

Both projects look great. What fabric are you stitching your alphabet sampler on-it's pretty.

Siobhán said...

Wow, Margie!!! I am behind on my blog reading, so it was a treat to catch up on your rug hooking adventures and your new sampler WIP. I love your hooking progress--how neat. I can't wait to hear about your visit to the shop. A rug hooking shop--sounds like nirvana. Your new sampler looks great, too!