I started on a new piece today, Alphabet Sampler from Birds of a Feather. I was making NO progress at all with my IsaV Marquoir. In over the week that I had been officially working on it all I got in was the gold highlighting in the letters that were already in place, one additional letter and half of a figure block. So I moved on for now.
I had a mixed quilting weekend. On Saturday I started working on trying to complete my blocks for my Paintbox Stars quilt but I only managed to finish six more blocks before I was going crazy. You quilters know how it is: pin, sew, rip, pin, sew, rip, re-pin, and finally re-sew just to get everything lined up just right. I just had to put it aside. That is when the quilting madness started.
I have been in a mood to do something primitive for a while. You know the kind with applique and stitching plus quilting? Several weeks ago I found a Jan Patek quilt called Homespun Stars that I could not get out of my mind. She is doing a quarterly block of the month club with this design. But right now I just can't swing it nor do I really have time with everything else that I want to get done. But I still can't get it out of my head. I do have a quilt pattern from several years ago from Whimsical Quilts that is sorta the same thing - quilting, applique and embroidery, so I pulled that book out "just to look" at. So before I know it I'm taking apart my quilting storage to find just the right fabrics for it. And of course I don't really have anything that quite fits but I keep going any way. A couple of hours goes by and I still don't have anything that works for it so I reluctantly put the book away for now - leaving a trail of destruction behind me that took another several hours to pick up Saturday evening. Then I started to go through my other stuff because I can't stop the urge to start something new. I ended up pulling out a really cute quilt made up of really small (4") blocks of baskets, log cabins and courthouse steps blocks. I was finished cutting out the pieces that I needed for the 12 basket blocks when I remembered why I hadn't already started this project. The pieces I needed for the log cabins and courthouse step blocks were going to come from the extra pieces that I was going to cut for my OTHER log cabin quilt. The one with the 1/2 logs remember? So duh, now I have another quilt in process. I did manage to get one basket block together and piece a ton of the other pieces for the baskets but had to stop because it was late Saturday and I had to tidy up the mess I had made that afternoon and I had no fabric ready for the other blocks.
So on Sunday I started to cut out the many, many fat quarters of reproduction fabrics that I have been collecting for the log cabin quilt. I did managed to get all the lights cut - all 7 yards of fat quarters and fat eights cit into 1 inch strips. I still have 9 yards of dark and medium fat quarters to go. Here are the lights!
What a project this is going to be! So there you have it - a full weekend of doing something but making no progress toward anything. :-)
Have a great week!