Tuesday, February 16, 2010

no rug yet

All day yesterday I could barely keep my mind on my job because I was so looking forward to seeing my new rug hooking kit when I got home. Of course it was when I got home that I remembered that it was President's Day - a Federal holiday! No mail delivery! So no rug kit waiting to be fondled over. :-( I have hopes of it arriving today but I can't play with it tonight because I have agility class with the pugs.


Here is my progress on Alphabet Sampler. I can't wait for spring because then the sun will be out or at least it will be lighter outside when I take the train to work - it's so much easier to stay awake when it's not pitch dark outside.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh how disappointing! Fingers crossed it will arrive today, maybe you just squeeze in enough time for a quick play LOL. Your Alphabet Sampler is coming along well.

Margaret said...

Oh what a bummer to remember there was no mail! :( I hope the rug kit arrives today even if you have no time to play with it. I love your Alphabet Sampler so far. I know what you mean about the days getting longer -- I so look forward to that!

Deb said...

Isn't that disappointing about there not being mail yesterday? I wasn't really expecting anything, but finally my DH reminded me that there was no mail. I should have figured it out sooner - he works for a bank and he was home! LOL

Great progress on your sampler so far!!

Kelly said...

Maybe today will be our big mail day!! I want my stuff too. I have three packages coming and it is killing me to go home and see if any of them are there. I also want to see how you like this craft.

Melissa said...

It's always disappointing when you are praying for stashy mail, only to find no mail delivery at all. Hopefully soon!

The Alphabet Sampler is looking great! Are you using all the recommended fibers? I have this in my stash to do but haven't picked out the linen yet.

woolwoman said...

This looks like the beautiful BOAF linen too - huh? You didn't mention the linen but I love it so far! OH DRAT - I am so anxious to see that rug kit you got. Hope it has arrived today and you'll be rolling in wool soon enough - Enjoy! Mel

Julie M said...

Yeah, that presidents day threw everything off, no banking, no mail. Hopefully it will arrive today so you can fondle all you want tomorrow!

MyLifesAStitch said...

Great progress! I know what you mean re: mailman letdown... we're still waiting on Leah's Valentine's Day package from grandma... combination of snow & federal holiday.

Cari said...

Beautiful work on your alphabet sampler...but my favorite pic....Clancy from your previous post!! Obviously pooped OUT. Can't wait to see your rug hooking. Have a great week.