Monday, February 08, 2010

an almost weekend

It was a weekend of almosts for me. I almost started the finishing on my apron, I almost finished with my quilt blocks and I almost finished my lounge chair. :-)

I ended up spending a lot of time read about rug hooking as my library had four books on the subject. And I rotted for several hours on Saturday planting and whacking on Farmville and Mafia Wars. What a huge time suck that is. :-) But if any one needs more mafia or neighbors, let me know and we can become linked on Facebook.

I did finish the stitching on my Baking & Roasting & Frying & Boiling but didn't get near the finishing work. It calls for hem stitching around it and there were no hem stitching instructions in the package. :-( All that money for a pattern and they can't put in a diagram? It's not something that I do very often so I need to be refreshed whenever I do use it. And I didn't feel like going through all my other projects for the directions. Maybe next weekend.
I almost finished my lounge chair but I had to stop and let the glue dry last night. So close!

I almost finished making the quilt blocks for Paintbox Stars but I stopped when I realized that I really wasn't taking much care to line up my corners. A sure sign that I'm getting tired and it's time to stop for the day.
I love this photo. :-) Molly and Clancy keeping each other warm while I quilted. Molly has Clancy almost pushed off the couch. :-)

For the train ride this week I have pulled out my IsaV Marquior from last year. I still have three sections to go. Before I started on a new section however I decided that I would finish the contrast work on the letters that I have already stitched in. I like the color I picked out, BeWooded by Vikki Clayton, it's very subtle which is what I wanted. I only finished half of them on the way to work this morning so I'll do the rest on the way home and get started on new stuff tomorrow.

I also need to start my glove project from Thistle Threads but I'm reluctant to put that first stitch in. It's unlike me not to just jump right in but I don't want to mess anything up and the silks are so pretty. Tricia said there was plenty silk to do some practice stitches so I think that is what I should do.

That's it for now - enjoy your week!

11 comments:

Von said...

I love the subtle effect you've achieved on your IsaV, Margie!

Alice said...

Great new train project!

Kelly said...

Everything looks great. You go a lot done this weekend even if they are not done. I love IsaV. I will have to see that one sometime. I bet the colors are beautiful in person.

Margaret said...

Wow! I love all your projects! Hem stitching -- if you just google it, there are some good tutorials right online. I've never done it before and I think using one of those online tutorials will help me just fine. Can't wait to see the chair all done, and the apron too! Molly and Clancy of course are adorable.

Erica said...

I have Baking & Roasting & Frying & Boiling in my stash. I wanted to do it up for the holidays for my mother-in-law who has many old dolls.
I too was put off by the instructions (or lack thereof)! I've been sewing for years, and I'm sure I could come up with something, but it is more time consuming and just a bit annoying!
I will be watching with interest to see how you do yours!

Michelle said...

Wow - you really made a lot of progress on your apron. Wish you'd had your hem-stitching instructions in the pattern! And wow - your chaise is really looking amazing. The construction on these looks so difficult, but yours always come out looking perfect! I do love the contrast you're putting on your letters - very nice!

corinna said...

you are in the zone!
the colors on your sampler are
well chosen...it is going to be lovely

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh my gosh, what great progress you've made! I am so impressed! Your apron is going to be wonderful but I so agree, gotta have all instructions for everyone. The lounge chair is beautiful! I would never even want to attempt it. I can't wait to see it all done. Your quilt squares look perfect to me - I think you're way too hard on yourself! Have a great week!

Jackie's Stitches said...

IsaV is wonderful. I love the fabric. I've never seen a stitched lounge chair before, it looks wonderful. It looks very complicated to finish.

The quilt block you're working on looks really good. I stop when I get tired too as that is when things tend to go really wrong.

Siobhán said...

Wow, you might have spent some time on FB, but you sure did get a lot done all the same! Love the train project.

Sweet Sue said...

Hi Margie, am back to ogle your IsaV. While this design did not *speak* to me (unusual since it's IsaV), I'm finding your version stunning. Just goes to show what fabric and thread color can do for a design. Kudos to you on a stunning combination:)