Thursday, February 25, 2010

so close

I'm so close to finishing up Alphabet Sampler from Birds of a Feather. No matter what I'll finish it up by the end of the weekend - easy since I'm almost finished with my rug and I won't start another one until sometime next week. What's next? Something small like this one I think. I've got several Blackbird Designs that I've had around for a couple of years that would be nice to get to and a couple of other spring type designs that I've been meaning to stitch. I'll be winging the fibers as I don't want to spend much money right now on overdyed when I have so much stash.

I should finish up my rug this evening. It looks like I only have a couple of hours or so to go. And I think I also want to tweak the bird on the left. I wasn't really looking at the two sides as I hooked last night and I would like them to match a bit more. The bird on the left looks like she lost her tail in the war. :-)

12 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow--you're making such fast progress! They both look great (bird's tail feather and all). I want to learn how to rug hook, too! And I have that BOAF design--it looks great all stitched up. Lovely work!

Kathy said...

Both pieces look great. I love the design on the rug. How are you going to finish that one? A pillow?

Melissa said...

You're doing a great job with your rug hooking. Who said you're a beginner? It looks wonderful!

I like how ABC is coming along. What linen did you use? I hope you will mention that when you show your finished piece. Thanks.

Becky K in OK said...

Wahoo! That is one beautiful piece of stitching. Congrats on being so close to a finish.

Siobhán said...

Wow! Both look great--you'll be happy dancing in many needle art forms! ;) The sampler looks great, and I just love the rug. I am anxious to see what you decide to start next.

Tommye said...

Great job. Don't you love it when you get to the point where you can starting thinking about what to start next? LOL Can't wait to see what it is.

Margaret said...

Both pieces are lovely!!! You know, the Blackbird Designs ladies have at least one rug hooking book out. You should see if your rug store could make up the piece for you and kit it up. Wouldn't that be cool?

Theresa said...

Wow!! You are super fast!! Almost done with both pieces!!!!! Looking good~~~

Lana said...

Both your projects are beautiful!! Can't wait to see finishes!!

Deb said...

How cool - both projects are going to finished soon. I think that your rug and BBD piece are wonderful. I just had my first hooking class today, and no pun intended, but I'm hooked! LOL

MyLifesAStitch said...

Lost her tail in the war, HAAA!! :) Good one!

You are making such great (and FAST) progress on all your loveliness! YGG!!

Lois said...

Your Alphabet Sampler is lovely and you're so close to it being finished. Love your rug hooking. Such nice colours.