Monday, February 01, 2010

poor bald Miss Annie

I had another really productive two days! I LOVE weekends like this. :-)

First up I finished (sort of) my primitive doll who will be the wearer of my CHS apron. I'm calling her Miss Annie and she is finished except for one glaring omission - she is bald. I could not find anywhere in my immediate area wool hair. I did find a ton of the glossy polyester crap but there was no way I was going to put that stuff on my prim dolly. I had to order the brown wool from an online source. So she will be hairless until the weekend. But I really like how she turned out. I gave her a little heart to hold onto until her apron is ready. Then I worked on my Paintbox Stars quilt for what seemed like hours and hours and I still don't have blocks completed. But I'm close and I think next weekend I can get all the blocks complete and hopefully the weekend after that, the top totally assembled. If I wasn't so determined to get this top finished I would just drop it and start on one of my three reproduction fabric quilts that I have ready to go.
I had time to start on my CHS project called Baking & Roasting & Frying & Boiling - henceforth called the "apron". This is the bib and it's almost complete. I changed up the called for colors a bit to match Miss Annie's dress a tad better. I'm using DMC and a linen that I dyed myself. I don't remember the count but I'm sure it's 32.

And at last I finally finished stitching my chase lounge chair and even started to play with the assembly. I'll try to get a few pieces laces this week at night so I can put it all together over the weekend.
Have a great week!

11 comments:

BrendaS said...

Wow! You did have a productive weekend. Your Annie doll will be really cute when complete.

I also love the quilt top, especially the colors.

Have a great day.

BrendaS

Anonymous said...

You *were* busy! Love the doll, even with no hair, she's going to look fabulous with her new apron!

Deb said...

Oh my gosh are you cranking out the projects. I just love, love your Annie doll - hair or no hair! She is wonderful. And I love the quilt top too. I spent my weekend trying to put one together too and didn't seem to get as much accomplished as I had hoped. Probably because I sewed about 1/2 of the blocks wrong in one step! :(

I can't wait to see your finished chair!!!

Michelle said...

Annie is fabulous. She is going to be so sweet with her little apron (and well, hair). Your quilt blocks are really coming along too and I can't wait to see the assembled chaise...it will be gorgeous!

Theresa said...

You are so productive!!!!!
Miss Annie looks great, although she does look a little shy without any hair..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

Poor little bald thing really doesn't look very happy, does she? She's still pretty though! I can't wait to see her after she grows some hair.

You've had such a busy weekend! ~ Terri

Margaret said...

Wow! You were definitely busy! I love seeing everything you worked on. Great stuff! Your doll is adorable, with hair or not!

corinna said...

you are busy
and it all looks great
esp the doll
love that she has the heart til the apron comes

Siobhán said...

Awww, poor Annie. She looks great even if she's hairless! ;) Wonderful work this weekend, Margie! YGG!

Melanie said...

Miss Annie is adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing her in all her cuteness when she has some hair on her head!

Anonymous said...

Miss Annie is really cute, even without hair :) Can't wait to see the chaise made up :D