Friday, February 26, 2010

finis!

Alphabet Sampler - design by Birds of a Feather
36 count Silkweavers Golden Wings
Various overdyed floss

I finished up my Alphabet Sampler last night - how I love finishing things that have been in my stash forever! My next project is from Stone & Thread called Garden Flowers - a nice spring design with flowers and fences and a bunny.

Home Sweet Home - design by The Blue Tulip

I also finished up my very first rug hooking project! I made mine into a pillow - it looks so cute sitting on my couch. I bound the edges in a hand dyed wool yard. I can't wait to add more to my collection. I've started to looking for more hooking supplies - I want to get a frame and I want to buy a good one so I've been looking for a used one and in a couple of months start looking for a wool cutter. From the research that I've done there you get what you pay for and they are not cheap. Next week I'll start another pillow kit. :-) Once I'm done with my three pillow kits I'll start looking around for a real rug - not that what I've been doing are not real rugs but I want one I can put on the floor.

As for the weekend I'd like to finish my Paintbox Stars quilt and get my strips cut for my log cabin quilt. Then I'll have lots of new stuff to piece. I also need to go through my quilting stash and pull out all my totally kitted quilts and see if I still have interest in doing them. I think I have around a dozen or so and some I might not want to bother with and those I can sell on eBay. I know for sure I have at least one more Thimbleberries that is so not my colors and but I need to check for sure. There might be one or two more stuck in boxes. I'm almost thinking of bumping those to the top of the list because the International Quilt show is coming up in April and I know I'll purchase more there. I need to start clearing out so I can add more without thinking I'm wasting my money. :-)


Have a great weekend!

31 comments:

Giovanna said...

They're both stunning finishes, congratulations!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Congrats of your finishes !!! Pillow is so great !! Makes me want to learn.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Great finishes, Margie! I love both of them and am a huge BOAF fan but I love your rug hooked pillow! Great job and I can see why you love doing it - such special results!

Good luck cleaning out your stash!

Deb said...

Wow, great finishes Margie! I love both of them, but especially your rug hooked pillow. You did a fantastic job for your first one. I'm hoping mine comes out as nice!

Sweet Sue said...

Both beautiful. Especially love your rug finish, one would think you've been hooking forever:) Celebrating with you!

Kelly said...

You got a lot done. You made quick work out of the hooked rug. I was surprised you even had it finished in a pillow already. Both projects look great.

Berit said...

Love your Alphabet finish (Your colours are TDF), and the hooked pillow, too. I'm not much of a hooking fan, but it makes for a sweet pillow finish. :)

Jo said...

Beautiful Finishes...the pillow looks great!!!

staci said...

Congrats on both finishes! That pillow is fabulous, love it!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Margie ~
You are unbelievable! Both those finished and the hooked piece even made in to a pillow. You did an amazing job on your first try at hooking. I need to take time management lessons from you. You accomplish so much!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Coni said...

Woo Hoo, you! Do you feel the earth trembling? That's me doing a big fat Happy Dance for you!

Wonderful finishes!

Karen said...

Great job on your finishes! I love the BOAF design very much! Your hooked project is great for your first time!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on two FABulous finishes! My, you're so speedy!

Paula C. said...

Both your finishes look really nice! Have a great weekend =)

Karoline said...

They are both lovely, congratulations

Kielrain said...

Great finishes. I love the pillow.Too cute.

Melody said...

your hooked pillow has turned out great! congrats on a new hobby and finish!!

Katrina said...

Oh wow Margie, you are my idol. Gorgeous finishes and your rug hooking pillow is absolutely perfect.

corinna said...

nice sampler,
and i just love your pillow.
it looks great!

Theresa said...

Wow!!!! Two great finishes!!!!!! The pillow is just gorgeous!!!! I could never tell this is your first try on hooked rugs!!!!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finishes Margie!! You are already a pro at rug hooking!! I love how you finished it too. It's so pretty!

Nicki said...

They both look great - congratulations!! The rug pillow is amazing for a first try. And it's perfect sitting there on your couch. Hope the pugs like it!

Robin said...

I love how they both turned out. The rug/pillow has given me the bug. I've got to try hooking!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! Both finishes are wonderful! And you even already made your rug into a pillow! You're amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing what's up next!

Lana said...

Both of your finishes are beautiful!!! I love how you finished your hook rug...into a pillow! Sooo pretty!

Binky's Blog said...

Great finishes!! I really enjoy reading your blog. You inspire me.

Cari said...

WOW WOW WOW - Love your BOF finish and absolutely love your rug hooking made into a pillow!! You go girl. Your work is wonderful. Congratulations !

Stitch By Stitch said...

Love your finishes, both of them!

Siobhán said...

Margie, oh my goodness!!! Your BOAF looks amazing, and the pillow--wow wow wow! I am so impressed and awed by your talent. You go girl!

woolwoman said...

Margie - I am so proud of the wonderful 1st attempt at rug hooking - you did a beautiful job and the finishing - ooh la la - very nice. Love the BOAF alphabet - great linen color. Sometimes you can get good cutters and frames used as people move up to new or different equipment. Good luck with that. Mel

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Congrats.