Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Small Village Happy Dance


I finished Block 11 last night! HooWoo! HD, HD. :-) I did drive to a new (for me) cross stitch store in Crystal Lake Illinois called Welcome Stitchery to purchase the last bit of black silk I had run out of the day before. http://www.welcomestitchery.com/ It was the nicest shop I have ever been into. Of course I've only been in two other cross stitch stores, but this one was huge. They had so much stuff! Charts, frames, fibers, accessories, you name it. I picked up BBD Autumn Silhouette and the recommended fabric for it. They had several other discontinued Loose Feathers but I could only afford one of them this week. And I really wanted Autumn Silhouette the most so that was the first one I had to pick up. Now to find Sunflower House. I also picked up the 2006 Christmas ornament issue from Just Cross Stitch. I found many in that issue I would like to stitch. I'll be doing several as Christmas presents for my family so I need to start looking for fabrics and fiber for those.


Progress on Light Your Way - I don't feel into this piece at all and it's a miracle that I've completed as much as I have. If it weren't for the fact that I'm trapped on a train three hours a day, I wouldn't be working on this at all. Maybe now that I've started the words it will go quicker. And last but least in any way, I received mail yesterday. KarenV from the UK recently completed a piece called Quaker Meetinghouse from Midsummer Nights Designs. I really admired it and put it on my wish list right away - the colors are divine and I love the Quaker design. In a very thoughtful gesture, Karen sent me the chart (RAKs as Karen calls them :-)). Thank you so much Karen! I can't wait to get to it. Everyday you hear/read about the horrible things that happen because of the internet. I wish more people could hear about the really nice things that also happen.

Would like to stitch from the 2006 Christmas Ornament issue:
Pear Time - Little House Needleworks
Christmas Joy - Angel Stitchin
Christmas Welcome - Homespun Elegance Ltd.
Winter's Eve - Country Cottage Needleworks
A Christmas Wish - Blue Ribbon Designs
Sampler Noel - Fancy Work
Quaker Pinkeep and Scissors Fob - With My Needle
Emblem of Friendship Needle Case - Cherished Stitches
Britty Christmas Puppy - Brittercup Designs
Christmas Cardinal - La-D-Da
Quaker Reindeer - The Workbasket
Facing the 25th - Mosey 'N Me

Quite the list! LOL!

No comments: