Friday, September 29, 2006

A pumpkin finish


I finished Light Your Way from the Trix or Treat booklet last night. I'm really happy with how it looks. I used 32 count Sand Dune using Caron Waterlilies Black Forest - one over two. I plan on framing it using a black frame - I think that will look nice. I finished up super early in the evening so I started Black Cat also from Trix or Treat (using the recommended fibers on my own hand-dyed fabric). I'm toying with the idea of doing Trix or Treat (the blackbird in hat design) next instead of a Drawn Thread piece to make a pillow. It would be so cute using a fall plaid fabric. I love these little pieces! Talk about quick - it makes me want to start my Christmas ornaments.
Yesterday I ordered an ornament finishing book by Judy O'Dell (thanks for the recommendation Karen!) which was on sale from stitching Bits and Bobs. I can't wait to receive it. I really want my ornament gifts this year to look nice and that should help me out a lot. I have finished a couple of small pieces but I really haven't been happy with the ultimate product in the end. You can really tell I've just be winging it.

No major plans for the weekend - I have a wedding tonight (why did I ever reply yes??) and tomorrow I have a pug picnic to attend. It's the annual fundraising event for Northern Illinois Pug Rescue called Pug Jam 2006 so it's a really good cause. But it's supposed to rain and not make it out of the low 60's. That's too bad, it will really cut down the attendees because the entire event is outside.

Have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Karoline said...

Light the way is looking gorgeous, congratulations

Peg said...

Looks good Margie! I like the color of the fabric you are doing Cat on. Are you doing that over one like the ornament on the chart? That is a piece of what you dyed yourself isn't it?