Sunday, September 14, 2008

a wet weekend

Rain rain go away! Yesterday was the rainiest day in the Chicagoland area ever. At my house, we had to dump the rain gage at 5.5 inches because it was full and we had to start over. And we don't know how long it was spilling over. So I'd estimate we have already received somewhere around 6.5 to 7 inches of rain and the forecast is for another 2 to 3 inches today and high winds as the remnants of Ike move through. We don't have a basement or live by a flooding river but there are huge puddles everywhere. And the pugs hate to get their feet wet. It's been a struggle to get them outside. And driving anywhere has been difficult because all the roads are flooded. But when you compare us to some of the other areas of the country, we don't even have it bad! So I send my best wishes to everyone else.

But I did have plenty of time to stitch! So I finished part one of the Loose Feathers Mystery. I really like how it's turning out. I made a bit of a start on part two so we'll see how much I get in today. Because of the rain, it's a perfect day to stay indoors and stitch and watch the Lord of the Rings movies. :-)

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Great start on BBD Loose Feathers Mystery. Looking forward to see more. Glad to hear that you and the pugs are well.

Karoline said...

Great start on the Mystery Sampler it's looking lovely

Vanessa said...

Stunning! I totally was taken in by it. Just gorgeous! Great work!
Vanessa in Upstate NY

Katrina said...

Love your BBD mystery piece. Makes me want to start mine :-). Hope you get some sunshine today!