Thursday, September 18, 2008

building the house

I've been working at the start of the house for the past couple of days (the big S is the design detail on the front door). And this is all you are going to see for many more days! :-) This house is a biggy. You can see from the photo that I just ran short of WDW Olive to finish the grass under the house. I think I started with 1 1/2 skeins (maybe two full) but it didn't last through the first three parts. It just so happens that I'm going to be driving past my LNS on the way to the agility trial that Clancy and I have this weekend so I can run in a pick up a couple. I'm also going to pick up a skein of WDW charcoal as I'm getting short on that. I had a ton of the other colors in my stash so I should be ok for the rest of this part and the next.

6 comments:

Edgar said...

It is really coming along nicely!!

Lucy said...

Very pretty...don't you hate when you run out of thread that close to the end!!!!???

Katrina said...

Oh wow, gorgeous. I am so enjoying watching your progress on this one.

BTW, I received the last part of the DT piece, thanks.

Ruth said...

Absolutely beautiful. As annoying as thread-hogging patterns ore, that is lovely and worth every skein.

Anonymous said...

I just love the colors of this piece, great work!

mainely stitching said...

Ooooh - gorgeous. What rich colors!