Friday, September 26, 2008

All in a Moon finis


All in a Moon by Miss Cresent's Crowne
recommended Crescent Colours floss
32 count Silkweavers Poltergeist

I stitched up All in a Moon yesterday - super, super quick! My sister's birthday is next month and I'm planning on giving this to her. I'll buy a small wood frame and add a few embellishments to it and paint it black. It was so quick, I might even make one for me!

Jill received the Prairie Schooler Exchange from the Hooked on Exchanging blog yesterday so I can share a photo. The design is stitched from "A Farmer's Almanac", #144, on 32ct. Silkweavers Poltergeist using DMC floss. I finished it as a pin/needle cushion and it's filled with 100% emery. I'm very happy with how it turned out and I think I might make a similar style one for me.
Back
Here is my new start - Quaker Casket by Sampler Cove. I'm stitching mine on 36 count Lakeside Linens Maple Syrup using a Vikki Clayton variegated silk called Magpie Warbles. I'm a little worried it's too light of a floss. I wanted a delicate look but this might be a little too delicate.






8 comments:

JillMN said...

Margie,
I really love the pin/needle cushion that you made for me. I am so lucky! I am thrilled to have a cushion full of emery. Your stitching/finishing is beautiful. Thank you so much! Happy Stitching! :)
Jill

Lucy said...

beautiful stitching...love take one day at a time!

Melody said...

Love the all in a moon piece. The stitching is beautiful.

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish and your exchange to Jill is lovely.

Karoline said...

They're both lovely Margie, congratulations

CJ in OK ;-) said...

I love this fabric for both projects. Great finishes too congrats. CJ(ok;-)

Unknown said...

really like your work margie but loving the moon piece :)

Anonymous said...

your moon is so cute, also love the pincushion.