Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer Basket Finis

Summer Basket - design by Blackbird Designs
32 count Golden Harvest by Silkweavers
Recommended Overdyed Floss

I finished up Summer Basket on the train ride into work this morning. I'm pretty sure I'll pillowize it but not until next spring as that is the season I think it fits best with. I have a quilt that I like to display on my couch and this will match perfectly. I love the colors and it was super fast. I'll work on the floss holder as time permits.

I'll start on the Great Pumpkin Conspiracy on the way home tonight. I was able to find time to pick up the nine skeins of DMC I was missing after the agility trial on Sunday.

Clancy and I thank you all for the really nice comments about his new title. And it's all his, the dog gets the title not the handler. :-) I think he is most deserving. It was a long time between Jumpers titles - 18 months. He earned his Novice title so quickly I figured everything else was be a slam dunk also. That was so not the case. The difference between the level of difficulty in Novice and Open is very large. And the Open level really exposes every training flaw that you have as a team and I had (and still do) a ton of training flaws. I took a lot of short cuts with Clancy that I didn't think would be an issue later down the road and they all became issues so I had to do a lot of retraining. I'm hoping that I have avoided some of the problems in training Aoife but I'm sure several will rear their ugly heads once I start trialing her next month. But at least now I know how to address many of them and can work toward fixing them. Clancy's issues were/are so large that many times I just didn't know what to do to fix them. But he hung in there with me as I figured everything out. I think that is one of Clancy's greatest attributes as an agility dog. He is very patient with me and is willing to try and try until I get everything just right. Aoife is not as patient so that will be a wild ride! :-)

Here is Clancy's wall of bling. He is starting to fill it out nicely. :-)

14 comments:

Tracey said...

Beautiful finish!! And many congrats to Clancy! Well done! :)

Edgar said...

That is a beautiful finish!!! The Bling wall of Clancy's is very impressive!

Tommye said...

Love the Summer Basket. Can't wait to see the pillow.

I meant to ask before...do your boys do "pug races"?

Deb said...

That is a wonderful finish. I like the pillow idea for it! And Clancy sure has a lot of ribbons - very, very impressive!!

Patricia Lessell said...

Totally wonderful finish. It is sitting in my stash just waiting in anticipation. Love Patti xxx

Carmen said...

oh,so beautiful stitching,the color are gorgeous, i love it!

the bling wall of Clancy's is very amazing, is almost without space!.

Julie M said...

your finish is beautiful and will look great as a pillow!!

Congrats to Clancy on the title this past weekend!

Margaret said...

Wow! That was a fast finish! As for Clancy, it's just so great that he's reached the next level. Sort of sounds like (and I know this is a weird comparison, but) my son with his double bass. He reached the first level of proficiency very quickly, and the second as well. Reaching that third level is much more difficult. I hope he's as proud of himself as Clancy is when he does reach it! Yay Clancy! And I hope Aoife is a good girl and does well in her first trials.

Kielrain said...

I love that finish. It looks so delicate. Really lovely.

omashee aka Barb said...

Wow Clancy! Nice Wall Of Bling! Margie, I love the photo on the WOB. Would you post it on the blog so we can see Clancy in action?
Also love your Summer Basket finish. Will be watching to see how you pillowize it. I just bought that pattern this week-end. Now I'm inspired to get going on it!
Hugs,
Barb

Siobhán said...

Woohoo!! Both to you and to Clancy! I tried to post earlier but blogger was taking forever to load. Lovely new sampler, and Clancy looks like he's bursting with pride. As he should be! ;)

Theresa said...

Wow~~ Your finish is beautiful!!!!! I love those colors~~~~
Clancy's bling wall is very impressive!!!! He is one amazing dog~

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Congrats to Clancy on all those ribbons! I know you are so proud!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Your sampler finish is wonderful, Margie - it turned out so pretty. Congratulations!

Clancy is one cute and talented pooch and I love his wall of bling!