Friday, September 04, 2009

Long weekend!


Today I'm on vacation so I have an extra long weekend! Yeah! Here is my progress on Autumn Bouquet. Almost finished. :-) My plans for the weekend include a bunch of finishing work. I'd like to make two pillows, a pin cushion and finish my strawberry emery. And finish my current house on HoHRH. Have you seen the preview that Kathy posted on Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow? I didn't want to like it - I still have Shores to stitch and Houses to finish and I didn't want to add yet another behemoth to my stash. But so far no luck as I like what I have seen. I can't believe I'm bummed I like something!

Have a great weekend and those of you who have a day off work for Labor Day, enjoy the bonus! Hopefully I will have lots to share on Tuesday. :-)

12 comments:

Edgar said...

AB is just beautiful - I have that in my stash now I need to stitch it up!! I am just dredding when Kathy B does an "Autumn at HRH" for then it will be yet another one to add tot he stash.

Deb said...

Great progress on AB. It's looking great! Sounds like you have a very ambitious weekend coming up with your finishing work. And yes, I'm groaning over CHRH! I told myself no, but I know that I'll just add it to the pile!!

Karen said...

Your Autumn Bouquet is gorgeous -- beautiful work!

Julie said...

It's wonderful!

Unknown said...

Good luck with your finishing this weekend. It's been a long, long time since I have finished anything I have stitched. I haven't been tempted by any of the HRH patterns as I am not really into Quaker colors or patterns, but I have to say that I really love the squares of CHRH that I have seen so far. Very bright and colorful and with my most favorite Christmas song (after I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas -- not holding my breath for a cross stitch of that one).

Unknown said...

I love the coloring of this AB! Can't wait to see it finished and framed, it's beautiful!

grace said...

Wow, Autumn Bouquet has just blossomed in front of my eyes! It looks SO good! :D

Julia said...

Hi Margie,

I'm just having a cross-over from my sewing/quilting back to cross-stitch at the moment and have discovered your blog. Your 'Autumn Bouquet' is a real beauty - such lovely colours - look forward to seeing it completed:0)

Siobhán said...

Lovely progress, Margie! The colors are just so perfect. Autumn has really settled in here so I just want to hunker down and stitch on all things autumnal at the moment.

omashee aka Barb said...

AB is so beautiful!
I envy your finishing skills. Can't wait to see. Have a great week-end!

Carol R said...

Autumn Bouquet is very beautiful!

Stitch By Stitch said...

Let's here it for long weekends! I know what you mean about not wanting another huge project but what's one more right? have an awesome week.