Monday, September 28, 2009

Houses of Hawk Run Hollow - House 7 finis

Only three blocks to go!! I finished up House #7 last night. This was a fun block to work on even if the final colors are a bit weird. I'm all ready to start on House #11 - I'm going down to work on the bottom row but I have had to order three skeins of NPI I'm running low on. So the plan is to work on the Great Pumpkin Conspiracy both on the train and at home in the evening until it's done and then start with the #11 next week.
You will notice I didn't open up this post with a photo of Clancy from the weekend's trial. Well.... While it went great, no ribbons to show off. :-) But lots to shout about. His first two Jumpers runs as an excellent dog were spectacular. The only reason we didn't qualify was because I pulled him off his weaves on Saturday and told him to take the wrong jump on Sunday both resulting in an off course and in the Excellent A level you can make no mistakes. You can finish five seconds over the course time but that is not usually a problem for Clancy. I never did find out my course time on Saturday because the timer didn't write down our finishing time (pissed me off) but on Sunday he finished in 37 seconds for a 48 second course. To put that in perspective the first through fourth place dogs (all shelties by the way) finished from 27 to 31 seconds. So we are in the middle of the pack. That is about where I think we should fall at this point. As we get more experience I expect that time will come up a bit but most likely not enough to finish with a placement (first through fourth) but rather just a qualifying score - the green ribbon. Both his standard agility runs were total loses - but both had some high points like he did his weaves and his table performance was excellent both days. But I have noticed a trend that he does not do as well outside as he does inside. This was the last outdoor trial of the season so I won't even try to address this until next spring. And it's only on the standard runs with all the equipment that he has trouble with. His outdoors jumpers runs are find. Not sure what's that's all about.

But in any case, it's time to focus on Aoife for the next month. Her first trial is October 11th and I can't wait. She is going to be so much fun and she is sheltie fast. I can't wait to beat a couple of those. :-) Most other 12 inch dog owners hate losing to a pug. :-)

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Your houses is looking awesome! Block 7 is one of my favorites. Sounds like Clancy did well -- this is the new higher level, right? Good for him! I do wonder why he doesn't do as well outdoors. I was going to say maybe more distractions but then you said he does fine with one but not the other outdoors so that doesn't make sense. Good luck to Aoife on her first trials! Should be fun! Can't wait to hear how she does!

Missy Ann said...

3 to go!!! You and me both. I finished mine last night too. Block 9 looks so much better with the NPIs. *sigh*

Good luck to Aoife!

wot said...

Your houses look great, simply stunning. I wanna stitch this too!

Love to Stitch said...

I am so happy for you! Your progress is right on target for the year! Keep it up!

Kathy said...

Your progress on HoHRH is wonderful. I am likeing this one more every time I see someone working on it.

Now on to important matters. :) Sorry about the no ribbon disappointment this weekend with Clancy. I know that feeling. :) And I'll be cheering Aoife on from blogland. Good luck.

Michelle said...

Great finish, Margie! The block looks great!

missy said...

First off CONGRATULATIONS to you and Clancy. Now I'm pretty sure the finishing TIME for Clancy no matter how good or bad is important for you to have so what the heck was the TIMER doing when Clancy finished? I too would have been pi$$ed!!

The house looks great!!! I have a dream to finsih mine one day!! Oh but what a dream it is!

Hugs
-missy-

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

OMG! Your HRH looks so awesome!!! I love it! Congrats to you and Clancy for moving up and for giving it a go and learning each and every time. Good luck with Aoife!

Carmen said...

lovley stitching!!.
is a good experience to Clancy, and good luck to Aoife next trial!

Alice said...

I love the stitching! It is so impressive to see all those blocks together. I can't wait to see the next.

Tommye said...

Your houses look terrific. I'm still working on Shores.

Most people look at a pug and think slow and clumsy. They've obviously never watched a couple of them doing "pug races" in the back yard. My sister's pug did agility just for fun and I've never seen that dog move so fast or have so much fun.