Wednesday, September 02, 2009

half way!

I was starting to feel like this piece was taking forever but when I got to work this morning I realized that I'm half way done. Not the slacker after all. :-) This would make a very cool pillow to go along with my fall pillow collection. For the long weekend I was thinking of getting some finishing done and maybe I'll pillowize this. It's an idea anyway.

I've been trying to organize my fibers. Last week when I went through them to pull the colors I needed for the new Loose Feathers, everything was such a mess it was driving me crazy. So I have been stuffing each skein into a floss away bag and labeling it and then sorting by brand and clipping those together using four inch binder rings in alphabetical order. I'm almost done and it's so nice and tidy! And it was such a bummer to see four even five skeins of the same colors. I could have spent that money on things I didn't have. Oh well, I'm sure they will get used at some point.

Here is a link to a cool pet tag giveaway! Good luck. :-) Pat's Design

11 comments:

Margaret said...

I love how it's looking, Margie! It's going to be a lovely pillow -- I love that idea! As for your floss organizing -- boy, do I need to do that! Big time! lol! Good for you for tackling it!

Coni said...

Pillowize...giggle giggle giggle!

Love this piece!

Kathy said...

Autumn Bouquet is looking great. It will make a lovely pillow.
LOL about the floss. I do the same thing. I have two small baskets that I end up tossing floss into until they are full and then I organize them. All the while saying things like. "I knew I had bought that!".

LOL

Peg said...

I love how your piece is looking Margie! It is one I may just add to my Blackbird collection. On the floss....I sure know what you mean, I have decided that I was going to not get the floss with each Loose Feather this year as my automatic until I had looked to see if I already had it. Nice to have extras when you buy a chart and find you have the floss already though.

Deb said...

Just love your BB piece. It's so difficult to push through pieces that we get bogged down on, but you obviously broke through nicely, Margie! This one is sooo pretty.
We were really psychic sisters last week...I was organizing my threads, as well. It took me forever to re-fill my boxes of DMCs with the wound cards. Then, I had to baggie and mark threads for several projects. And, finally to sort and start a few vinyl-type notebook pages of wound Anchor threads. I have all the Anchors in abundance and a conversion chart for DMCs...so am starting to use some of them. It's all a huge task, isn't it? But, we'll be happy when we start grabbing for a thread one of these days!! LOL

Theresa said...

This piece is coming along nicely!!! I think it will make a wonderful pillow~~~

omashee aka Barb said...

Oooh! This is coming along nicely and it's soooo beautiful! Will make a lovely pillow. Love the term "pillowize", may I use it?

Wonderful idea for organizing fibers. I need to do that also!
Barb

Robin said...

I love the piece too. The colors are beautiful.
Funny about the floss. Last week I organized mine too. It was a mess, but now all nice and straight....until I add more! lol

Siobhán said...

Great progress, Margie! I feel your pain about the extra threads. I really need to start using my supplies instead of buying more charts that require different supplies!

Deanne J said...

It looks wonderful and I don't think you are slacking at all.

wot said...

Those colours are amazing and you are doing a great job.