Friday, September 25, 2009

The first pumpkin

The first hunk of the Great Pumpkin Conspiracy is almost complete - I have a couple more crows to stitch in and then I'm moving to the left and start on the next grouping of pumpkins. This piece is fun to work on and I wish I could stay awake on the train to get more stitched in. :-)


Clancy and I have an agility trial this weekend - our first as an excellent level dog. It's an outdoor trial up in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin and the weather forecast was for rain both days at the beginning of the week but now it's looking much better. I might not even need the new raincoat I purchased. :-) This is Clancy's last trial until Thanksgiving weekend - not from choice really but because there is always a lull in my area from early fall to the holidays then we'll have a three day trial, a four day trial and another three day trial all within the space of six weeks and then nothing again until March. I'll use this time until Thanksgiving to further refine his weave poles and do get more work in on his contacts. As always the goal for the weekend is fun, fun, fun, but I would also like an Open Standard Q so we can make progress on getting to the Excellent level in that event also.

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck this weekend. I will be at shows this weekend and next as well. :) I'll be thinking of Clancy and hoping he does better than his best.

Tommye said...

The Conspiracy is looking good. Love the color variegation in the leaves.

Good luck to Clancy. Remember, pugs will do anything for food!

tjbdesigns
http://stitchingandbeading.blogspot.com

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Your stitching is looking awesome - love the colors. Good luck this weekend!

Margaret said...

Your pumpkin conspiracy is so pretty! I look forward to seeing more of it. Good luck to Clancy this weekend!

Karen said...

Your pumpkin looks great -- such pretty colors! Good luck at the trial!

Daffycat said...

GPC looks wonderful (I love the top crow, lol) and your progress is great!

Good luck this weekend with Clancy!

MarchAnn said...

Love the Pumkins you have a great start on this piece.
GO GO Clancy good luck to both of you.

Carmen said...

good luck to you and Clancy!
the stitching is beautiful.

Siobhán said...

Beautiful pumpkin and crows, Margie! Looking great. I loved the story of how you acquired your Wool Gatherer--stitchers make the best people! :)

Go go go Clancy!! May the luck of the Irish be with you! ;)

Julie M said...

That piece is stitching up so cute! I'm loving it!

Good luck to you both this weekend!!