Saturday, September 12, 2009

House #10 finis

I finished up House #10 last night. :-) I really changed up the house color. It was charted for a dark brown that was almost the same shade as the roof (the same as the chimmy actually). I wanted a bit of contrast so I went through my NPIs but didn't have anything that was just a little lighter. So I just went for it. I love the color on the skein but I'm not sure how it looks on the block. :-) Oh well. I'm certainly not going to do anything about it. Only four houses to go! I'm starting on House #7 tonight.

Clancy and I are leaving shortly for the Fox Valley Dog Club agility trial. What I wouldn't do for a qualify score today or tomorrow. :-)

12 comments:

Margaret said...

Great house finish! The color looks great! You're so close to being done now -- yay! Good luck with the trial with Clancy. Tell him to be good!

Love to Stitch said...

Fabulous job! You are really moving right along on Houses-- outstanding, loving the colors. You are gonna be done this year for sure. Have fun at the Club!

Missy Ann said...

Looking good! Block 9 is my block this month, and oh look. It's nearly mid-month and I haven't even started yet...

Good luck at agility trials!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! You are making such great progress and I love the color change.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love your change, Margie! You are really zipping through this. Good luck today!!!

Jan said...

Margie, I think your color change for the house, is splendiforous!!

Have a great Dog Club Day!

valerie said...

Great finish Margie! I like the color change...that house looks awesome! Good luck at trials this weekend!

Anonymous said...

The change you made works very well, I like the contrast and the color is a good combination with all of the other colors.

have you seen the sneak peak of Christmas at Hawk run hollow on kathy's blog. It's so charming so far. I think I want to stitch that one when it comes out.

Siobhán said...

Woohoo! Congrats on another block being finished. It looks great!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on another Block finish! The colours look perfect.

Julie M said...

Like everyone else, I think your color change is great! Good job getting your block finished!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I too think your changes really work. I'm a new stitcher and this is something I'd like to stitch someday!