Thursday, August 30, 2007
Tomorrow is the start of a four day weekend for me as it's Labor Day on Monday. The company I work for tosses in an extra day tomorrow. Yeah! Four days off. No major plans but the weather will be spectacular - in the low 80's all four days with no rain in sight. Over the weekend I would like to finish Alpha Bird and get in a couple of days on SR. And maybe work on a quilt or two as I currently have four in progress and one more cut out. And a couple I need to machine quilt.
I'm testing out a new title for my blog as part of my blog renewal plan. I never liked what I was calling it and on the day I put it together more than a year ago I was in a hurry and didn't give it much thought. I'm still waiting for my new Adobe software to arrive and I can't wait for it to come so I can start fiddling with the overall look of things. I have many ideas. :-)
Enjoy your weekend!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I can't decide on whether to leave two off, only personalizing the last row of the third piece or leave them all on stitching something different in each of the three. Right now I'm leaning toward stitching in all three and maybe having a three part saying or maybe something like wrought by me, my name and then the date on the last row. Or maybe even include the town I'm from.
Any ideas? :-) I'm pretty sure I want to stitch the bands in. But what to say?
Monday, August 27, 2007
I have several dahlias in my flower garden. Above is just one. It's a dinner plate variety and it really is the size of a dinner plate. It's just gorgeous so I thought I'd share.
Since I mentioned that I had an agility with Molly over the weekend I thought I should report the results. It was disappointing - Molly ran around the ring during all four runs. Dogs do this when they are anxious and nervous. I had a chat with my agility teacher just last week about her and we both decided it would be best if she didn't perform well in the next two trials that I would stop running her. In the year that we've been doing trials, this is her usual behavior. Since I have another dog who is ready to break out, I really don't have any reason to work with her to break this behavior. She does agility to please me rather than because she loves it. So we all think it's best to end it. I will continue to bring her to trials to keep Clancy and me company but she will not continue in classes after the current session and no more trials at this time. I'll take the money I'll be saving and put it into Clancy. I'll be able to take him to class more and do twice as many trials. I'm a little sad but at the end of the day I just want happy dogs and this will make her happy. :-)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
Friday, August 17, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Tonight I have organized a work event to Ravinia Park, an open air concert venue to see Hootie and the Blowfish. And it's thunderstorming outside right now! There is a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms tonight. Cross your fingers for me and hope that I get the 40% chance of sunshine that I need. :-)
Tomorrow is St. Reatham Thursday. I totally forgot about it last week because I was so close to finishing up Beneath the Sunlit Sky. To make up for it, I think I'll work on it tomorrow AND Friday. :-) I'd like to finish the alphabet across the top and get a start on finishing up the dog border.
Monday, August 13, 2007
I finished up Joy of My Heart last evening. I'm planning on using it for the pinkeep lesson being posted this coming weekend on Focus on Finishing. I thinks it's perfect for it. I love finishing things that have been laying around for months and months. I purchased this piece from Hobby Lobby over a year ago when they first started to sell off their cross stitch section. I think I picked it up for less than $5.00. I also love a good deal. :-)
This morning on the train I started stitching Summer Arbor from the Drawn Thread. This will complete the four seasons for me. This one has been in my stash also for over a year. I'll be finished by the end of the week. Not sure what I'll work on next but I have a feeling it will also be one that has been laying around for a while. I still have nine fully kitted projects ready to go. The plan is to do a couple more before I move onto something really new. Of course the exception will be the new Loose Feathers from BBD. Their fall pieces are always particularly pretty.
Kathy posted a comment about what a quick stitcher I am. I really don't think I'm really much quicker than the average stitcher. What I do have is time. I have a 90 minute train ride to work twice a day. So before I do any stitching at all in the evening or on the weekends, I have a solid 15 hours in a week. And I do usually stitch every evening a couple of hours while I watch tv. And that adds up to almost 30 hours a week. That's a ton of time. :-)
Friday, August 10, 2007
I finished up with Beneath the Sunlit Sky last night - I'm very happy with how it turned out on the linen I picked out. I want to buy more Rock Quarry since I think it would go with many projects - I'd like to find mono-color design to stitch. I'm happy I frogged the house, the dark pink does show up much nicer. Click on the photo for a close up if you like.
No major plans for me this weekend, just dinner with friends on Saturday and a lot of quality stitching time. :-) Have a great weekend!
Thursday, August 09, 2007
As you can see from today's progress photo, my obsession with my house has been solved! LOL! I received a very thoughtful comment yesterday from Teejay and after reading it, I realized she was spot on. As much as I was thinking about it, I knew I wanted to fix it but didn't want to frog it. So last night the last thing I did before I went to bed while I watched Top Chief was to frog it out. The lighter pink did look ok but I think it will look better with the darker pink. And I would always wonder what it would look like correct. :-) Tomorrow you all can be the judge because I'll post the finish photo. I only have a couple of hours worth of work left. Tomorrow I'll start on the Lori Birmingham piece for my pin keep lesson.
Last month KarenV from the UK posted about a really cool idea - and she had a great finish to show off. A zippered bag. I have not been able to get this out of my head no matter how hard I tried. And then it came to me. I have something that I can make into a bag like this! My Celtic Birds! It's not as big as maybe I would like but I think it will be perfect for such a use. And since Karen so kindly provided the links for the instructions, what is stopping me now? I'm hoping to give it a go this weekend.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
I really need to start framing my finished pieces. I have a box just full of them. And I think I need to start doing smaller pieces that can be finished in other ways rather than just framing. I love the clever ways that other people are finishing their work. I'm also thinking that maybe I'll start joining in the various exchanges that are going around. At first I didn't think my stuff was good enough to give away but now I'm happy with how it looks. And it always looks like fun when I see what people are exchanging. And I love fun!
I've been cleaning up my blog in preparation for designing a new space. I purchased a couple of Adobe products and I'm hoping to make an original looking space. I spent a couple of hours yesterday working on my online photo album and getting all my projects posted and labeled. I'm still missing a couple of finished photos but I'll try to get to that this weekend. I'm also setting up my Weblog account. I have been visiting as time permits, all my favorite blogs but I have so many now it will be nice to know when they are updated. I visit many more than I have posted links to and I know I spend much to much time trying to see them all. :-) I figure it will also be easier for me to make comments if I free up some time.
I've also been visiting my favorite blogs and looking at what I like most about those sites and I've been making notes. Mostly I seem to like a clean looking space and mine is kinda cluttered. So I'm hoping to set up sub pages with photos and such. So watch this space for changes. :-)
Many thanks for the comments everyone has left me over the past couple of weeks - I don't acknowledge this enough but I really appreciate each and every one of them.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Monday, August 06, 2007
Here is my progress on Beneath the Sunlit Sky from BBD - I'm stitching it on Silkweavers Rock Quarry. I love the colors even though I'm not sure about the piece. Actually I'm wondering why I'm stitching it when I have so many projects that I really love. But I feel somehow compelled to do my auto delivery charts. :-)
I'll end today's post with a photo of Clancy. He followed me outside when I took my photo of Delivering Spring on Saturday. He is such a cutie and is very much a mama's boy. :-)