Wednesday, August 08, 2007

much progress

I'm making quick work of Beneath the Sunlit sky. I still haven't decided yet if I'm going to rip out the pink house. Last night I thought yes but today I'm thinking no. :-) And at this point, I'm not sure what will put me over the edge either way.

I really need to start framing my finished pieces. I have a box just full of them. And I think I need to start doing smaller pieces that can be finished in other ways rather than just framing. I love the clever ways that other people are finishing their work. I'm also thinking that maybe I'll start joining in the various exchanges that are going around. At first I didn't think my stuff was good enough to give away but now I'm happy with how it looks. And it always looks like fun when I see what people are exchanging. And I love fun!

I've been cleaning up my blog in preparation for designing a new space. I purchased a couple of Adobe products and I'm hoping to make an original looking space. I spent a couple of hours yesterday working on my online photo album and getting all my projects posted and labeled. I'm still missing a couple of finished photos but I'll try to get to that this weekend. I'm also setting up my Weblog account. I have been visiting as time permits, all my favorite blogs but I have so many now it will be nice to know when they are updated. I visit many more than I have posted links to and I know I spend much to much time trying to see them all. :-) I figure it will also be easier for me to make comments if I free up some time.

I've also been visiting my favorite blogs and looking at what I like most about those sites and I've been making notes. Mostly I seem to like a clean looking space and mine is kinda cluttered. So I'm hoping to set up sub pages with photos and such. So watch this space for changes. :-)

Many thanks for the comments everyone has left me over the past couple of weeks - I don't acknowledge this enough but I really appreciate each and every one of them.

7 comments:

Edgar said...

BSS is looking great!!! Can't wait to see the new space as your blog is one of the ones I make sure I visit everyday!!!! I really enjoy your work and seeing the progress you make is so inspiring.

Take care,
edgar

Anonymous said...

I looked at your album, you have some magnificent pieces! WoW! about your little pink house: I know when I think about it as much as you are, that means I want to change it but I just don't want to frog it out. That means if you don't frog it, you will wish you had every time you look at it forever, well maybe forever is a bit much but you know what I mean. About those fabulous finishes everyone has: I agree, they are great, I don't have that much confidence in my sewing, so I usually get a tuck pillow or banner or something like that. About visiting your fav blogs: I use a feed on the sidebar (same place I keep my favorites) see if your computer has this. All of my fav blogs are kept there in a list and show up in bold whenever a new post is at one of them.

Michelle said...

Your online album looks great. I can't wait to see what you have in mind for your blog. I love how your piece is zooming along.

Sue said...

I love the piece you're working on and I still love the pink house ;)

Sharon said...

You are making quick work of this one! It looks wonderful-I love the pink house. What color would you do it in?

Mindi said...

I love your pink house the way it is! Great job on setting up your photo album.

Kathy said...

I use Google Reader to keep track of the blogs I read. I have just returned from a 5-day trip and found that I had 48 new posts to read. I started just putting in my favorites to read and now I am up to about 30 blogs in Google Reader. I just keep adding to the list as time goes on. When you go to Google.com it is under the title of more with a drop down box that will get to reader. It works very slick. E-mail if you have questions.