Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lot's of yummy mail and a pillow

As predicted, yesterday I received my package from Drema at Needleworks Corner. Lot's of yummy things! I LOVE Their Song from BBD. I'm planning on starting that one right off. The colors are wonderful. I also received all my Cat's Whiskers kits I ordered. I will have a ton of fun with those. I saw on the cover of the Peacock Chair that it's number one in a series. How fun! And to top it off, today I received the chart for Topiary Ornament I from Jacque. Thanks so much! I'll do that one for next month's ornament SAL.

Today I did my Tie-on Pillow with the class provided by Karen V on the Focus on Finishing website. Bravo Karen! The instructions you provided were clear and concise. I love how my pillow turned out. I used my Flea Market Souvenir from Blackbird Designs on fabric from the quilt that I'm making so it will match my bed.

Last evening I redid my name portion on My Treasured Workstation. It's not as centered as I would have liked but I still happy with the results. And now it looks like two mm's. :-)

It's nice outside again today so I'm not sure if I'll get back to sewing. I had planned on quilting at some point during these few days off I have but I'm finding the pull of the outdoors much too strong. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

10 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great finish! Your pillow looks fantastic.

xstitch.nl said...

Wow, your tie-on pillow is amazing!! The stitching looks wonderful and the fabric as well!!

KarenV said...

Love your pillow, you did a great job!

I started Their Song last night (there's a pic on my blog) and I'm loving it! It's a beautiful piece and a fun stitch :D

cathymk said...

Your pillow looks wonderful!! Congratulations!

Karoline said...

Your pillow looks gorgeous, congratulations

J. said...

I told you that you had inspired me to do The Village... Got the call that it had come in and picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to get started!

Katrina said...

Hope your days off were wonderful! It's so nice to have a break sometime. I got a great box from Drema too :-).

Love the pillow, it's so cute.

Vonna said...

Sounds like your stitchy stash is just great :) And that pillow you finished with the FOF class is just beautiful! I love it!!

Michelle said...

Your pillow came out great! What a good idea to match it to your quilt. I just love that sampler. Their Song is looking beautiful too - such a pretty piece!

Cathy said...

Your tie-in pillow looks great Margie!