Monday, March 12, 2007

ABCDEF! And I can't wait for more :-)

I completed The Drawn Thread's Sampler of Stitches DEF over the weekend so I'm finished with the charts currently available. I can't wait for GHI and JKL to come out in May. I'm addicted to these sort of things. I saw from comments on my blog, that several of you were on the fence with this piece - can I nudge you over the edge? :-) I really enjoyed it and actually learned a couple of new stitches that not only work for cross stitch, but would work for some of the painted needlepoint canvases that I have laying around. Because of the enjoyment I got from this piece, I'll be starting Toccata II sooner than I had planned - maybe on my cruise in May?


I also had plenty of time to resume working on a couple of my WIPs. First I worked on Marquior ABC part 6 for several hours Saturday and a little on Sunday. All I have left are three big letters on the bottom, D, E and a partial F. I was hoping to have this part completed before the 16th when part 7 comes out but I'm not sure if time will allow for that. I also made a good start on Block 5 of the Village. I didn't take a progress picture but I did complete the entire border of that block and started a little on the trees. I'll take a progress picture tonight if I work on it instead of Marquior.


I also started work on Celtic Birds from The Sunflower Seed - I'm using a Vikki Clayton silk called Indigo Ocean. I wanted to see if I could really work on the 40 count linen I purchased. It wasn't too bad at home where the light is perfect but it was a little harder on the train this morning on the way into work. The light is not the best and the movement of the train, while not a big deal when I'm working on the larger weaves of linen was sometimes a problem when working on the 40 count. All in all not to bad so I'll work on this as my train project for the week and just in case I start having a hard time, I also tossed in my bag an ornament kit which is on 32 count. I can't waste any train time! :-)

I took the pugs to a fun run on Saturday - Clancy did everything I asked of him and I think he is ready to move up into Molly's class on Tuesday nights. I'll have to speak to my teacher about it. As for Molly, she pulled something in her back leg after the a-frame so I pulled her so she really didn't get to do anything. She was limping for the rest of Saturday and on Sunday but this morning she didn't limp at all so I think she just had a strain. But to be on the safe side, we might skip agility class this week. Maybe I can take Clancy in her place? He would love to go to class twice in a week.

11 comments:

Katrina said...

Very pretty! I do love this piece. I loved, loved, loved stitching Toccata two, probably my most favorite piece ever.

Karoline said...

All your wips are looking gorgeous, I'll have to get the alphabets ordered

Anonymous said...

Your Celtic Bird is WONDERFUL!!
I can see why the alphabet might be addictive, I get an itch just looking at it... LOL

Lucy said...

Beautiful job on the letters!!!

tintocktap said...

I love your Drawn Thread sampler - think you've enabled me there!

Meari said...

All your projects look great, Margie! :)

Katrina said...

I think you've enabled me too Margie, the samplers look great stitched side by side :)

Nicki said...

Well I have to say I didn't like those DT pieces when they came out but seeing the first two together I think it looks gorgeous!

Your other WIPs look great too - love the colour of that Vicki Clayton silk :)

Nicole said...

Wow, wow, and wow! They are all so pretty! Your DT piece is just gorgeous! I'm sure you will be nudging quite a few people over the fence. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love love love the Drawn Thread! I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail yet and will be starting soon :)

Carol said...

Beautiful! You really tore through that DT piece!