Thursday, April 15, 2010

progress on many fronts

Yesterday I was chatting with my friend Kelly and she suggested if I plan on stitching the Freds together on one piece of linen then rather than filling in the border solid on Frederick like it is in Frederika that I don't fill Frederika like it is on Frederick. I'm loving that idea! So I won't start filling in the border until I have a clearer picture in my head on how I want to proceed. But I can already tell you where I'm leaning. ;-)

Last night I got off my butt and started doing something. Here is my latest hooked pillow. It's coming along really nicely. I even started work on binding the edge of my little heart pillow I finished last month. I'll post a photo when it's done, hopefully tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the Quilt Show and I'm so excited! But also very sad, this is the last year it will be in Rosemont which is about a 40 minute drive south from my house. It's moving to Cincinnati next year due to the rising costs of convention space in the area. There is an annual quilt show in Madison WI that I guess I can go to in the fall but it's around 2 hours north from me. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do. :-) I should be glad that I at least have a back up plan. If I were smart I would find an agility trial the same weekend as the quilt show and I could do both. If I can get my agility act together that might be an option and then I don't have to drive alone. I'd drag a friend with me.

Thanks for all your comments and thoughts regarding my future agility career. I have no idea yet what I'll do but not going to class is not the answer. I'll drag my butt there next Tuesday for sure.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Bummer about the quilt show. Have fun going this year at least. Love the idea on the Freds. Especially since it involves less stitching. :D

Karen said...

Have to laugh about the border. I have finished the border on Frederika except with the fill....thinking maybe I can live without it. Since I have gotten Frederick yet, I didn't realize it wasn't filled. Now you have me thinking I need to wait too......

Stitch By Stitch said...

Too bad about the quilt show moving but hey a 2 hour drive isn't all that bad. At least it will still be an option to go.

Jen Bailey said...

Bummer about the quilt show, but Madison has some great cross stitch shops in the area! Lynns of Madison is my favorite and is mostly cross-stitch patterns and I always find great samplers there. Stitcher's Crossing is within a couple miles of Lynns and has both quilting and cross stitch. The Country Sampler is west of Madison a bit and has a mix of quilting and stitching. There is also a great shop in Mt. Horeb (the name is escaping me right now) with lots of Hardanger. So, if you go to Madison, make a weekend out of it and visit these shops on Friday and Saturday. I grew up in the area and how lucky was I to have such great shops around!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Sorry to hear about the quilt show leaving the area so really enjoy it this year! Your WIPS look great - love the colors in Fred and the rug is fabulous!