Clancy and I had one of the worst trials we have had in a while. On Saturday he just didn't want to play - that happens sometimes with him and I've had to learn to live with it. On Sunday Clancy came ready to play but on his terms. I could not get that dog to do his weave poles to save my life. And to drive the knife further into my chest I went out in the backyard the second we got home and he did them 10 times in a row perfectly. :-( I wish I could figure what I'm doing at trials to toss him off. But in any case I think it's time to cut back on AKC trials a bit until things improve. Maybe I'll go play at NADAC which means nothing to me. Just to get him back to doing weaves at trials.I found a little time to work on Dresser Drawer Hearts from SB. This one is going to be quick and I'm enjoying it. I love doing all the speciality stitches.
Yesterday we got home pretty early from the trial so I sat down and started to piece my Small Things quilt. I managed to get three blocks finished before I started to get tired. :-) These are a huge improvement over the test block I did on Friday (photo at the end of this posting) and once I got the hang of the process, much quicker than my test block. I repeated each fabric twice and I used fabrics that leaned more toward light than medium. All the courthouse step blocks in this quilt will have that little red center. I think it really shows up nice. Only 33 blocks to go! One more light block with the rest being dark/light combos. I was asked what sort of foundation paper I use when doing paper piecing. I've used a varity of products including the wash out paper. Right now I'm using a product called Simple Foundations from C&T Publishing. But any light weight vellum paper works as nice and you can pick that up from Office Depot for less money. But I was at the quilt store when I knew I needed more paper so I purchased it there.
Here are the light courthouse steps blocks with a few of the basket blocks that I did last month. This is going to be one cool quilt! And small - each block is 4 inches square finished and the entire quilt only 24 by 32!