Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tagged - addictions :-)


First, my progress on CdC. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be to the right edge by the time my BBD mystery chart shows up. I think that would be a great stopping point for now.

I've been tagged by A Stitch in Time to list five of my addictions. This is tough because they are always changing. :-)

1) Coffee - really good coffee. I'm a coffee snob. I only buy the best beans and I have the best grinder and coffee maker I can afford. And I use cream everyday. I don't care how many Weight Watcher points I have to give up. :-) As for coffee houses, I love Starbucks. But since I'm on a fiscal budget as well as a physical budget, I don't go as often as I used to. Only on weekends now.

2) Agility - What a huge money pit this is. I had no idea when I first got into it over three years ago just how it would turn out. But I love it and I'll do whatever I have to to get better at it.

3) My pugs - enough said. :-) I love the three little buggers. XXOO

4) Stitching - or whatever the craft du jour is. It's been cross-stitch for around three years now - after a 17 or so year gap since the last time it was the craft du jour. I still find time for the occasional needlepoint or quilt but for the most part all my available funds for craft supplies go to cross stitch.

5) Books on Tape - I love to listen to books on the train - that way I can listen and stitch all at the same time. Talk about multitasking. :-) Right now I'm listening to the Dark series of books by Christine Feehan. To tell the truth I'm not even sure how much I like them. But she has set up a world of characters who's stories I want to hear. I'm on #5 of 19 novels and novellas so I'll be busy for a while.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the fabric you are using on your CdC. It's unfortunate the colors do not "go" with anything in your home. Hopefully you'll find a way to work it though because it's going to be stunning when you're done. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that stark white on the handdyed fabric is just stunning. Great colour combo!

Siobhán said...

Great WIP pic!! You're moving along nicely. I can't wait for the next LF edition.

Suburban Stitcher said...

CDC looks awesome! I love the colors, and I know that you're just going to have it finished in no time :)

MyLifesAStitch said...

Audiobooks & stitching... what better combo could there be? Be sure to post (or just send me a msg) when you're done w/ the Feehan series re: whether or not you're glad you listened... here's a recommendation for you when you're done with those: The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Awesome. I'm addicted to them. I only wish I'd come across them after she had them all published! Argh! Also, thanks for becoming a "follower" on my blog! :)

Andrea said...

You're making such nice progress! It's so beautiful, the fabric is just perfect!

I hear ya on the Pug addiction, lol! They are the sweetest, cutest and yours are adorable and talented!

:-)

Wawanna said...

Check out my blog, http://silverthreadsgoldenneedle.blogspot.com/

You have won an award!

Sue said...

Thanks for playing the tag game! We do have a few addictions in common, indeed. I need to try out Audiobooks.