Thursday, July 24, 2008

a snails pace

It feels like I'm hardly making any progress at all with Rites of Spring. But I really haven't been stitching much this past week. And I've worked from home a couple of days this week and each day I stay at home is three hours less stitching time I have because I'm not stuck on the train. I have no plans for the coming weekend so I'm hoping to get this piece done by Monday or Tuesday. I'm dying to move onto something new or even finish Medallions. I have purchased some absolutely beautiful custom Hand Dyed Fibers from Vikki Clayton and they have all arrived. It's so much fun to work out what I what to do.
The quilt top I made for my bedroom finally came back from the quilter after six months and instead of cross stitching yesterday, I took the time to bind it. I love how it turned out. Here is a close up of the quilting. The quilter did a flower motif and I'm very happy with it. Now I need to finish the pillows and duvet cover.
And so do the pugs!

9 comments:

KarenV said...

What a gorgeous quilt! The colours are so pretty and I love the quilting. The pugs look very cosy on it too ;)

Dianne said...

Beautiful quilt!! I'm sure it was so fun to get it back!

Melissa said...

The quilt is soooo gorgeous. You id a wonderful job on it. Your Rites of Spring looks wonderful too. Here's to a smoking needle over the next couple of days so you can finish it.

Sonda in OR said...

Love that quilt!!! And, of course, the cute pugs!

Katrina said...

The quilt is gorgeous, I love the colors. Glad the pugs like it to :-).

Michele said...

I always love visiting your blog, whether to see your cross stitch, your quilts or your babies (the little pugs!).

I don't usually leave comments, but I have nominated you for a Brillante Weblog Award!

Michele

Barbeeque4 said...

I love that quilt!! RoS is really coming along - I may need to do this one next.

Nicki said...

The pugs look so happy! I LOVE the quilt. Is it Moda fabrics? Can you let us know - such gorgeous colours :)

Michelle said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!! Love those colors!