Tuesday, July 15, 2008

not much to show yet

I started on Rites of Spring from BBD on Friday evening. I purchased this chart when it came out but wasn't doing back flips over it so I didn't buy any of the necessary fibers for it. When I pulled it out to start to work on it Friday, I discovered that I wasn't missing one or two but all but one! So I decided just to wing it. And so far, it's working out. I also didn't want to use one of my nicer pieces of linen so I went through my stash of 28/32 count Weichelt supply that I purchased for $5.00 a half yard when Hobby Lobby demolished most of their cross stitch aisle. I found a cream 28 count that would work but be a little boring so I tossed the piece of linen I cut to the size I needed into a 2 cup measuring container, added hot water and tossed in a couple of teaspoons of tan Rit dye. And this is what came out. :-) I'm very happy with it. And it even shrunk a little (I lost an inch from both directions) so it's a little smaller than 28 count now. I love it when things just work.

5 comments:

kvstitching said...

I started this one recently. Yours looks great so far!

Lucy said...

Love it....nice job on the dye!

Barbara said...

This came out so great!!!

Carol R said...

Great dye job!

Michelle said...

Oooh, love how that fabric turned out!